View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - August 2015

Welcome to the August WOW meeting.  We have had some new faces and some old faces again.  It's great to get to know some of the new members as well as chat with old friends.  If you're jumping back in, please speak up if you need a group or need some ideas on how and what to tackle.  There are mechanics to help gear up even if you are soloing content.  I've found that my bodyguard helps me with the Tanaan jungle dailies if noone else is around.  

If you haven't heard, this Thursday, Blizzard is announcing the next expansion.  There's some rumors out there and there's a post on the website with some rumors.  Either way, we'll know by Thursday!  

Patch 6.2 is out and I have been having lots of fun doing new content and grouping with others.  There are mechanics for gearing up your toons (Mains and Alts).  With the Baleful gear dropping, there is a way to get yourself 650 or higher item level gear for just about any slot.  Also using those Apexis crystals can help get you 695 item level gear as well.  There is more discussion to be had in regards to item level in the raiding portion in a bit.  

How to earn flying in Draenor (future patch): http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/4946-Dev-Watercooler-Flying-in-Draenor  

We are always recruiting in an effort to build up STC's player base.  If you have any friends who are looking for a guild or know of any guilds who may be shutting their doors, let me know.  STC does not poach players from another guild, but if someone asks, we are open with our intent to build up our family.  It's always important to build up so that we have more players on to do more activities as well as to fill out the raid team.  

New Novices:

Inductions:

Rykel was inducted in between guild meetings since he hasn't been able to attend.  

Smitzie, Fuzzu

Officer Inductions:

Grisos - BC

Drovakiin - SA

Award Nominations:
None

Raiding:

If you haven't seen, we beat Blackhand in Blackrock Normal.  It took a few attempts but he went down and that's exciting news for us.  Generally, we will focus on Hellfire Citadel but may make forays into BRF if we feel it fits our team better.  It's great to get that kill under our belt and move on.  Congratulations to the raid team for working hard and completing that raid.  

We have successfully beaten the three bosses in Hellfire Citadel.  We are working on mechanics and strategies and learning a great deal.  I appreciate everyone's effort.  We only beat one additional boss Sunday night, but we learned a few more important tips to help us get the Council down next time.  Wiping isn't easy, but it helps us to learn where we need to be and how to adjust our strategies to fit our raiders.  We suggest videos so that we can learn a strategy but tailor it to our strengths.  I am lucky to have experienced raiders who help me out.  

At this time, we are not making a change to raid nights.  I am exploring alternatives as we will lose one of our key healers, SJ.  It's not that we are basing our raid schedule around SJ as much as we then only have three consistent healers again.  This limits the number of people we can bring to a raid.  If you are a raider and potentially a healer, there is a spot that can open up.  If you can also play a DPS spec, that gives us flexibility.  Please feel free to talk to Grisos or myself.  

Item level requirements have increased for raids to 660 and preferably 670.  We feel that having had a few weeks in Tanaan, that most people can easily upgrade their gear with Baleful gear and Apexis crystals to enable you to have 695 Empowered gear.  With Baleful, you can also potentially get the right mix of stats (if you get enough drops).  Also, there's Kazzak for your potential 700+ item level piece.  You can use bonus rolls with him as well.  If you are just getting back into raiding, please talk to Grisos or myself about signing up for raids.  We continue to evaluate raiders through the logs that we post for everyone to see (sorry, I missed Sunday night's raid).  This is to help you improve as well as determine if we have the DPS/HPS to down a fight.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: