View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happeria

re: WoW Chapter Meeting Notes - March 2015

Welcome to our March Chapter Meeting!  Tonight's location is brought to you by me. :)  Too bad I can't decorate the place more!  If you have a suggestion on where to hold the next guild meeting please let me know.  I haven't received any further suggestions so we'll be going back to Cathedral Square in Stormwind if no one speaks up. 

Things are chugging along and I hope y'all are enjoying the changes and updates from Patch 6.1.  I have personally finished my heirloom collection and begun working on the third Raiding with Leashes pet achievement.  

As the raid team has been working on Highmaul for 3 months now, we have outgrown the 640 ilvl gear that has been donated to the guild bank by our members.  At the end of the meeting we'll do a /roll for the items so be sure to stick around if you're in need of something.  Others have offered to make items for Mains if you need them.  I have made a post titled "WoW Crafter Classifieds" in Kat's WoW Tradeskill Forum to list who is able and willing to craft items for Saints.  Please head to the forums after tonight's meeting and post there if you either would like to craft items or if you need an item crafted!

Since Darkmoon Faire is out this week I wanted to mention the new achievement -- Darkmoon Racer!  I made another post on the WoW Member forum about it with a video on how to get the most difficult achievement.  There are also new achievements for the tonk race and ring toss.  Also, every month will feature a new racer type, achievements and rewards for the racer game!

Awards

Sacrifice

Parius, please step forward.  I have been watching Parius since he joined STC.  He has been an active participant on the forums and in Mumble.  He has helped several of our Death Knights figure out how to tweak their different specs.  One of the things that stood out the most to me was the hour or so he spent on his hunter alt figuring out a macro that Cafal had created and was struggling with.  During this time the rest of us were off running dungeons and trapping animals for our barns but it was interspersed with questions about what Cafal was trying to do, what his intentions were with a certain line, all with the purpose of making this thing work.  He could have come with us and had fun running content but he chose, instead, to help a fellow Saint.  I hereby award you, Parius, the Sacrifice award.  You have sacrificed your time, taught others, swapped to an offspec in raids and passed loot to a lesser geared player, and this all embodies the values of a True Saint.  Thank you Parius!

Membership

New Novices

Felea 

Promotions

Tyrraell as co-event coordinator 

Tyrraell Please step forward

Tyrrraell you have served STC as a true Saint and have done so with Honnor, Integrity and loyaulty . Today you step forward to further Sanctus Covenir's way by serving as event coordinator.

Do you Tyrraell acept the honor and responsabilities bestoyed upon you  as Event  coordinator , to create , organise and promote  activities for all Saint  to enjoy.

{promotee says yes} 

Saints please help me in congratulating Tyrraell on his promotion.

Inductions

Zavas, Eadric

We have  Saints induction today!

Would Zavas and Eadric  please come forward?

you have been chosen for induction to full Saint. Have you read the charter, laws and code of conduct of STC?

Will you hereby uphold the laws of STC it it's people? Will you help and support your fellow Saints?

Saints, will you aid and support Zavas and Eadric?

Then I hereby promote you to the rank of Saint! STC please help me congratulate them in becoming a more integral part of STC!

News

Upcoming Events 

Gnome Race and Transmog Contest to be scheduled.

Battle Chancellors

Promotions

Parius

News

*Induct Parius into BC team*

Thank you all for coming out today.  The BC team has been mulling over how we do raids currently, and we've reached a consensus that the way we do things now might not be the best fit for what the membership of STC is looking for in terms of end-game content.  With that in mind, we are implementing a new way to do progression raiding, and evaluations.  I'll break each down now.

Progression raiding has been a key cog in the raiding aspect of STC for years.  When I came on board almost 2 years ago, I certainly understood the importance of the progression team and the ability of that team to take on harder content and be successful.  When we started raiding in Draenor, we did not expect the turnout that got, and we certainly didn't expect the amount of interest we have received for people wanting to be evaluated for the progression team.  Truth me told, it was almost overwhelming.  It's certainly a good problem to have!  With that in mind, we understand that one solution can't cater to all progression raiders.  Some want harder content, some want larger groups, some want smaller groups, and even some like different raiding styles.  With that in mind, we are going to move away from the one single progression raiding group and we're going to go with *CHOICES*.  The goal of this new schema is to offer choices to all progression raiders.  We are going to have 3 progression raid teams initially.  Each team will be lead by a BC, and each team will have their own goals, schedule, even personality.  This will give all raiders the option to sign up with a team that fits their play style and schedule the best.  The three teams will be Team Group Hugs, Team Rock Ponies, and Team Kragl.  Please keep in mind that if one group doesn't fill up on enough people, we will not schedule raids with that group until enough people have signed up.  The key here is to provide options to the entire progression raid team.  We are striving to not run the raids all at the same time, so scheduling might be a decider for you, so make sure you pay attention to that as well.  And just because there are multiple teams it does NOT mean you need to raid with all of them!  This is 'a la carte' raiding, pure and simple.  Again, options!  The other benefit is that each team can focus on whatever content they want to tackle without forcing ALL progression raiders to do the same thing.  If you are on a team and you don't want to do their content or feel that you want to switch teams, that's perfectly fine!  Just talk to the other team's BC leader and switch.  Options!  nobody is pigeon-holed into one group doing one content.  So here are the groups.

Team Rock Ponies will be the group that focuses on having fun with a smaller group makeup.  To those that liked playing in smaller groups and enjoyed the challenges that that brought with it should sign up for that team.

Team Kragl will focus on providing a raiding experience for larger teams.

Group Hugs will be focusing on the harder, higher end content.  This group will push boundaries and look to get to content faster.  They will have a higher DPS/HPS minimum requirement, as well as a smaller group makeup.  THERE WILL BE A WAY TO EVALUATE AND GET INTO THIS TEAM.

Speaking of evaluations, here is how we are changing that as well.  Open raids will be the place to get all raiders their first taste of STC raiding with the rest of the raiding team.  We ask that ALL progression raiders attend Open Raider at least once a month.  PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU CAN BRING YOUR REGISTERED ALT TO OPEN RAID ONLY IF YOU ARE PART OF THE PROGRESSION TEAM.  Once you feel you want to be evaluated, please contact myself or someone from the BC team and let them know you want to be evaluated for the progression team.  Just like how novices are assigned an SA when they join the guild, the BC team will assign you a BC to be your single point of contact with regards to evaluations, getting help, questions and answers, etc.  This doesn't mean you can't talk to anybody on the BC team, it just means we have one person specifically assigned to meeting your needs.  We will document everything so that everyone on the team can follow along and make sure everyone is on the same page.  Once the BC team feels you are ready for the final evaluation, you will be invited for 2 sessions with a progression team.  It's during these 2 runs that you will be properly evaluated with folks of the same ilk, running the progression content.  This does a few things.  First, we get to see your actual numbers and movement in progression so we can compare apples to apples.  Second, by scheduling 2 runs. we get to compare night 1 and night 2 numbers to see how things have gone.  Having a bad night doesn't help.  Seeing the harder content for the first time isn't a fair evaluation of skill.  What is fair is to allow someone to really experience the harder content personally, and then take the time between runs to do research, ask questions, and be prepared for run 2.  This, we feel, is the true way to fully evaluate a player's ability to play their character, run with a harder team, and react and adjust to the harder content.

By adjusting to raiding teams and changing how we do evaluations we hope to offer, again, OPTIONS.  We remove the need to cut back on the progression team.  We allow people to pick and chose who they raid with based on wants and needs, not just because that's the only night available and that's what we're doing.  It allows a free-form methodology to raiding.  It let's the more relaxed progression raiders go at their pace, and the more hard-core minded raiders go at theirs, allowing each person to experience the game the way they feel they should.  Everyone pays their dues each month.  Let's make the most of our fellow saint's desires by coming up with a schema that could possibly address as many of those desires as possible, and hopefully remove as much conflict as possible.  We are saints first.  We are a family.  We are not primarily a raiding guild, but it's raiding that keeps quite a few people here with us.  It's the BC team's job to facilitate that for our saints, and so this is what we feel does the best job of doing just that.

I will be opening up the signup forum threads immediately after the meeting.  PLEASE make sure you read the requirements for each team before signing up, so as to make sure you are signing up for the appropriate team.

I'll now do Q&A.  Please do a /roll and I'll answer the question with the highest roll.  I'll ask for new rolls after each question.

Giveaways

We typically give away gear in raids, so if you haven't been to one of our raids before this is how we will hand out gear.  Chambao will link the item in raid chat.  If you can use the item on your main character on it's primary spec, then /roll.  If no one wins we will move to main character's alt spec.  If no one wins from there it will be opened up to alt characters since these are BoE items.

----

The floor is now open for our members - if you have feedback, suggestions, etc. please feel free to use this time to do so - or you can send me or any of the officers feedback in-game or via a private message on our website.

To conclude our meeting, we'll be doing our traditional march to the Stormwind City Gates -- Officers may optionally mount-up during this march.  I will open a portal to Stormwind from here.  Once you're out of the tower please hit the / key on your num-pad to enable "walk mode" and follow me!

Light 'em up!  Thank you all for coming!  Don't be like the LP, remember to re-equip your Weapons and Helms :) -- and have a good night!

Jump to: