View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happeria

re: WoW Chapter Meeting Notes - September 2014

Welcome to our Monthly Chapter Meeting!  This month's meeting is even more special as we celebrate 17 years as a guild!  I, personally, feel lucky to be part of a group of people that have put blood, sweat and tears into ensuring a positive, respectful and family-friendly environment has been possible for so many of us and our families/friends.  It is not always the easy route to take to work with other people to solve problems and accomplish goals but the results are worth it.  Many of us have to navigate difficult situations in our real lives; the fact that we choose to spend our leisure time in a game facing other ones and working to overcome them is not always recognized.  Thank you to every one of you for for choosing to work *with* your fellow Saints to accomplish great things in game and within STC.

Membership
Due to a family emergency Zelsara is not able to attend tonight and has requested that I handle the updates from Membership.  We have two new novices this month:  Bonnibelle and Talyareth.  Please join me in giving them a warm welcome.  We look forward to seeing more of you in game!

Happeria promoted Ganfyr, Gaias and Sneedy to Saint.

Battle Chancellors
On to an update from the Battle Chancellors!

Alaeria promoted Nyali to Command Battle Chancellor.

There isn't much to say this month that hasn't been said already, but there _are_ a few updates to speak about as far as raiding goes.  First, the Sunday night 10-man team is getting closer and closer to downing Garrosh!  We tried a few different strategies, and we think we have a solid hold on what we need to do to succeed.  Thank you to all who have offered suggestions and who have sacrificed their position in order to better the team.  Secondly, the Wednesday night 10-man team has made it all the way to Iron Juggernaut!  Their last attempt put him down to 10%, so they (and I) are super confident that next Wednesday they'll be taking down the hoards of trash leading up to the Dark Shamans!  I'd also like to repeat that we are open to anyone who wants to join our Friday night guild flex run!  Please join us and help the friday night team get into wings 3 and 4 before the expansion rolls in!

17th Anniversary Contest
In celebration of STC's anniversary let's have some fun tonight!  I have some prizes to give away.  We're going to do 5 separate sets of /rolls.  On each set, the person who's roll is closest to mine wins and will get to choose either 2,000 gold or a pet of their choice from the guild bank.  Get your dice ready!

Tsuki won first, then Gerhart, then Delph (who passed hers after not finding a pet that she didn't already have), then Zloranna, then Sneedy and finally Thodin.

Minor Chapter Horde Guild
There was some discussion on the forums about creating a Sanctus Covenir presence Horde-side on a non-PVP server.  After talking to Cistern I decided, in order to give Saints exposure to more facets of the game, that an RP server would be best.  It is not PVP and will give those of us who like to role play the ability to do so!  I did some research and found that Wyrmrest Accord is supposed to be the best RP server for Horde and set up a minor chapter there.  I currently hold the LP title in it and Alaeria has Senior Officer access; either of us are capable of handing out invites and will gladly do so after tonight's meeting if you'd like.  Just send me a whisper.

Tsuki's Events
Tsuki urged Saints to participate in Tuesday's heroic night as well as Saturday transmog/achievement runs.

We did our usual walk to the gates of Stormwind. :)

Thanks for the meeting notes! Sorry I wasn't able to be there. (I forgot I could have logged into Mumble to attend!)

Happeria

You were missed! I hope you and Saidish can join us on the Horde chapter when you get back to the game :)

Jump to: