View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happeria

re: WoW Chapter Meeting Notes - July 2014

/rw Please remove Weapons and Helms.  Please dismiss Pets and Battle Pets. 

Welcome everyone to the July STC Chapter Meeting!  I am thankful that you all have taken time out of your play and real life schedules to spend it here with us.

Tonight is my official first meeting as Lady Preceptor.  I want to talk to you about my plans for STC and where I'd like to see us go.

As we're winding down the end of Mists of Pandaria I don't have big plans.  Many of our members are choosing to take a break from WoW until Warlords is released which leaves us with fewer participants in activities.  

Because of that I have decided to disband the Keepers of the Covenant team.  Zelsara has done a wonderful job running achievement and transmog runs and Tsuki took over finishing up Zucanthor's pet battle tournament.  I believe Tsuki might have another one in the works.  Zelsara will continue to schedule her runs; please post in the forums or PM her if you have any ideas.

As I have time I will be cleaning out the guild bank and reorganizing it.  I will be taking many items in it to the auction house except for pets and current materials like enchanting dusts/essences/shards, gems, and food.  There are still tons of Master Healing Potions that Jethaya put in.  While the rule is that you only take items from the guild bank for your main I urge you to consider whether your alts could use a stack and take some from the guild bank.  There are old gems, patterns, banquets, and crafting mats available as well as gear.  If you are into transmog there are several Living Embers and Essences of Destruction. If you see any items you are interested in taking please contact me privately after the meeting.  I will give 1-2 weeks before I start clearing it out.

If you have a character you currently raid with us on and would like to have an item made with the Blood Spirits or Haunting Spirits in the guild bank please also see me after the meeting.  Blood Spirits make 496 ilvl items which are comparable to Timeless Gear which has been more difficult to obtain the further we are from the patch it was released.  Haunting Spirits make 522 ilvl items. Be aware that Siege of Orgrimmar LFR items are 528 ilvl so it is possible that, should you raid often, these will be replaced easily.  The priority would be someone who is not able to attend raids as often to minimize how quickly it would be replaced.  

In addition we have several Spirits of War.  These are only used to increase the speed in which we can create the mats to make the 553 ilvl belts and legs released when the Timeless Isle showed up.  At that time we had a program set up for any Saint to have a belt made for their main with the mats from another Saint.  With access to Ordos most of us have a 553 or higher ilvl belt but if your main character still does not then please see me after the meeting.  If there is no interest then I will allow their use for pants on mains before proceeding to Alts.  While Spirits of War sell for a good amount on the auction house, the STC guild bank has a large amount of money and I would rather them go to use by a Saint!  

Recruiting and the Chancellors of Raiding will remain intact.  With Gerhart stepping down his plan is for Alaeria to succeed him.  However, if you would like to put in your name or someone else's name for consideration please contact me privately.  With the merge of Lothar and Grizzly Hills the Senior Officers and I  are discussing how to recruit the best way possible.  Please remember as you are out in Azeroth that you are representatives of STC.  If you meet people in your adventures that you think would make a good fit please share our website for them to browse through.  Keep in mind that we do not actively recruit members of any other guild.  A few of our members have come from inactive guilds that just happened to meet a Saint at the right time. :)

While I'm not looking to fill any specific positions or roles at this time, if you think you would like to donate your time and skills to serve STC please talk with me after the meeting.  STC only functions because of Saints stepping up and taking on responsibility - whether that's something infrequent (such as Franky's Gnome Race) or a regular contribution such as Zelsara's management of novices and Saint Advisors. My role in STC began when Gerhart said similar words in a meeting nearly 2 years ago and I became a Saint Advisor under Penny.

Over my time with STC I have gotten to know many Saints personally.  I want you to know that my door is always open for discussion of any kind.  I'm available both in-game or we can jump into a channel in Mumble.  In fact, you can often find me hanging out in Mumble.

That brings me to my next point.  As most of you know Alaeria is my husband.  I recognize the strengths that couples who work well together can bring to any organization.  Alaeria and I were previously employed together several years ago.  I believe we complement each other well, however that does not mean that I think he is without faults or vice versa.  We will celebrate our 10th anniversary next week so we've had a lot of experience working together in our day to day lives.  I am usually the first to point out if he did something that could have been done better/different in game.  I say all of this to make sure that you all know I hold him as accountable as any other officer in STC.  If you ever have any concern about him please don't hesitate to bring it to me if you feel you cannot resolve it with him directly (or with Gerhart as the SBC).  I promise you that I will be objective.  I do not play favorites. [End of LP's discussion]

Qordin spoke up with a reminder that unless the LP breaks the Codes and Laws of STC then you cannot reach out to the High Council.  If someone doesn't like the LP or disagrees with them then they will need to work with the LP on a solution.

Delph announced that her and Stone own 2 guild banks previously owned by Flake.  Flake is a Saint who left the game a couple of months ago and donated everything he had to us.  If anyone would like to own the guild bank then let Delph know so that they can arrange transfer of it to you.  The only caveat is that this is STC property so, should you be separated from the guild, you would need to return it.

Emmika suggesting a stack of 5 of each type of flasks move into general use tab since many don't get used in the first tab of the guild bank.  I agreed and Stone moved them during the meeting into the potions/enchants tab of the guild bank.

Membership

Inductions  

thedarkarrow

News

Zelsara announced that she has posted in the Grizzly Hills WoW forum in an attempt to make our presence known with the server merger.

Chancellors of Raiding

News

Before I recap the past month's raiding activities, I wanted to inform everyone that I will be stepping down from my position as SBC come the next meeting.  Alaeria who has been acting as my second command to learn the ropes as well as acting as the main raid leader will be taking over.  As with any change in Senior Officer position, it should be known that he will have the right to change up his officer corp.  He is not required to keep any existing BC's, myself included.  Also note that Alaeria may change some of our existing raiding rules to tailor to his leading style.  Also with changes in the raiding methodology, he may decide an old system does not fit STC any longer.  I am grateful that Alaeria is stepping up into this position as I do not have the time I once did to be the main raiding coordinator.  

Now for the update:

Flex Fridays:

This group has varied a little with some newer players and some Alts.  The group generally can get through Wing 1 with Alts and newer raiders but bogs down in Wing 2.  With Mains and newer raiders, this group can usually get through Wing 2 and part of Wing 3.  This is the open invite raid where we teach and evaluate our raiders.  If someone is finally getting a chance to raid with STC, this is where you would start.  Please talk to a BC to make sure you are invited.  Remember that you need to be a minimum 501 item level and fully gemmed and enchanted.    

10-man Sunday

This group just got the Dark Shamans down for the first time last night.  The group is progressing through the content.  I should note that 10-mans to me are equivalent to hard modes.  They require a focus and movement that is not needed for Flex raids.  The DPS/tanking/healing requirements are a steep jump up and require people to be both proficient and alert.  It's not an open group, meaning invite only by the BC's who have reviewed players.  Generally one is not invited to this group before proving themselves in the Flex Monday group (considered progression).  

Flex Mondays:

The progression group that generally takes on Wing 4 and finishes through Garrosh and sometimes goes back to Wing 3 to finish off that content.  This group is invite by BC's who have reviewed players from Flex Fridays.  The DPS/tanking/healing requirements are a jump up from Flex Fridays.  The members of this group not only gem and enchant their gear with the best enchants, but often maximize through programs such as AskMrRobot.   

Raiding Rules:

We have raiding rules posted on the website in the Battle Mastery Forum.  The intent of these rules are to explain the general behavior and requirements we have for our raiders.  Two of the very important pieces are Etiquette and Codes.  The loot rules and some other pieces are a little dated, especially with the new loot system that Blizzard has introduced for Flex raids.  I would like to point out a that the etiquette piece is very, very important.  "Once in a raid, interruptions (bio breaks, food runs..) should be kept to a minimum, and you should pose it as a question in raid chat.  The raid leader will decide if it is a good time or may be conveniently shortly."  Also please review the Codes section as there are several important pieces.  One piece not specifically in the notes but implied is that chatter should be kept to a minimum.  We all do have times of joking and laughing, but be cognizant that when trying to get through content, if the raid leader needs to raise his voice to get the attention of the members, it is too much talking.  Please remember the raid leader's voice needs to be heard at all times.  

----

The floor is now open for our members - if you have feedback, suggestions, etc. please feel free to use this time to do so - or you can send me or any of the officers feedback in-game or via a private message on our website.

To conclude our meeting, we'll be doing our traditional march to the Stormwind City Gates -- Officers may optionally mount-up during this march.  Please hit the / key on your num-pad to enable "walk mode" and follow me!

Thank you all for coming!  Remember to re-equip your Weapons and Helms -- and have a good night!

Jump to: