View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happeria

re: Claiming Land

I read that after about an hour of playing you should receive a flag to claim land.  The kids and I have been taking turns this morning for about 2 hours now and I haven't received a flag yet.  I'm assuming I can't start building in a way that will save until I can claim land so we've just been exploring and mining/gathering copper, dirt and sand.  Is there something else I should be doing?  

Also, when do I get upgraded tools to mine whatever the blue deposits are?

Okay I found someone with an open crafting area and I am working on a copper pick now.   Looks like I can craft a claim flag, so I need to figure out how to gather/refine those mats.

In the store or looking at claimable land I am not able to type anything into search boxes.  Has this not been rolled out yet?  I tried looking for Stone's claim but there's nothing in the loc he originally posted.

Stone's traveling atm and it's hard for him to check the site. I believe his claim was in the alpha and everything was wiped for the closed beta that has since started. I don't think he's been Landmark since beta began.

When it comes down to me against a situation, I don't like the situation to win.

You cannot leave behind what is always at your side.
Yaroc
High Councilor

A LOT has changed since Alpha

- Claim Wipe.  Boo!

- Claim flags have to be crafted now, and can be crafted at the Spires on each island.

- Claims now cost an upkeep of copper ore (300/day, payable up to 5 days in advance -- this will be changing in the future)

- Crafting "progression" has changed like crazy, I was overwhelmed at first.

- Harvestables have changed

- Trees drop different types of wood, with different tiers

- Trees no longer drop plant materials

- Plants are harvestable, now, as Sickles can be crafted.

There are MANY other changes.  It's crazy, and I can't list them all, lol.  Those were just some of the highlights.

'Roc

Happeria

Ah I didn't realize those were changes!  I harvested from 3 different trees today.  They all still drop the green item Heartwood but the white quality wood are different from tree to tree.  Elemental copper is a blue quality that drops from copper deposits.  Time to go click some more trees :)

Jump to: