View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yaroc
High Councilor

re: Progress

I figure it's about time to give an update with my current progress.

Finished the basic shell of my tower, which you can see below.  Full sized images here: http://s39.photobucket.com/user/yaroc/library/EverQuest%20Next%20Landmark

Took quite a while to build, because I wanted it symmetrical, so I could see how smooth/circular I could get it.

I had issues the first time when I tried to smooth the sides - one of the floors had pieces that "stuck out", which made VERY weird and irregular "bumps" at random places.  I had to, basically, delete what I had, replace the tower from my template, then fix the issues.  

The second time I tried to smooth, well ... it just didn't look "right".  I'm going to try a few other smaller circular projects to see if I can find where I went wrong -- or, what I'm doing wrong with the smooth tool.  There are portions that are ALMOST completely cylindrical ... other places look ridged like corrugated cardboard.    The sides of my doorways get really REALLY thin, as well, so I may have to fill them in before smoothing.  

I might just leave it as it is, though, as I like how it looks.  

For any of you that are curious - I used just over 41,000 stone, and somewhere around 8,000 sand.    It stands over 150 voxels tall, just shy of my claim's "ceiling". 

More update(s) to come...

'Roc

Happeria

That is impressive!  Nice work!

Thanks, Happeria.  

I was in game after work last night, briefly, thinking that I might tear the whole thing down and start over from scratch (for the 3rd time, lol).  I have an awesome idea I want to try out, and need the room to do so.  I just need to set up some plans first though. 

At least I have the tower saved as a template so I can "easily" place it back in the world.

'Roc

Yaroc
High Councilor

Update:

Tore down my creation, to make room on my claim for other experiments.  Haven't been able to play, much, except for an hour here or there ... so I didn't make anything substantial - I just templated a few smaller projects, so I can start fresh during Closed Beta - which starts Wednesday.

'Roc

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> EQN: Landmark All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: