View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - Dec 2018

Welcome to the December WOW meeting.  I'd like to start out by thanking you, the members, for your continued support of STC.  It comes in the form of helping a fellow Saint run a Mythic or Mythic+, or helping them figure out a pesky quest objective, or working on a quest that takes more than one person, or just saying hi when a Saint logs on.  You members are what makes STC great and I'm appreciative of our great members.  I look forward to logging on to see who will be on.  We chat about pets like whose dog did something silly today or food - what's for dinner or more importantly, dessert.  We have silly discussions about who Queue is going to smack with his trout or how Quwalin's panda is a big ball of fur but still can move faster than my dwarf.  I appreciate all of the different people we have here and am grateful to have a group of friends who help each other and offer encouragement.  

With the upcoming holidays, we may see more or maybe less people logging on.  Maybe Patch 8.1 will bring some people back for some new content.  I haven't previewed much of 8.1, but it will be good to have more content to play as we head into the winter months when it's cold outside.  I look forward to the new content and grouping with you.    

New Novices:

Illayne (friend of Poppy)

Inductions:

Returning Member:

Rarur

Officer Induction:

Award Nominations:

None

Raiding:

The raid team completed our 4th boss, Vectis, on Heroic last night.  Flex raiding is great so that we can accommodate different groups, but it does play havoc sometimes with the group.  I think it's in our members' best interests, though, that we have flexibility rather than requiring them every single night.  Saying that, I want to thank everyone who comes out consistently, even when we are going to bang our head against a tough boss.  I know it can be frustrating, but honestly, it helps all of us improve.  Those nights, we have to take a hard look at ourselves and see if we can do better, especially me as a raid leader.  I try my best to put you all in the best position to succeed and expect you will do the same.  

With all of that being said, please note that we are a very inclusive group.  It does not mean, though, that we don't look at logs to help people improve or may need to ask someone to work on movement and dps/heals.  When we are working on progression bosses, we really need everyone to make sure they are gemmed and enchanted and have pots.  This is a basic raiding requirement.  Please come prepared to raids so that we can be successful.  

As I said in last month's meeting - If we find Heroic level bosses are too hard, we may need to up the item level/DPS requirements for Heroic boss runs.  We don't like to leave anyone off, but we also want to make sure that we put the raid team in the best position to succeed.  We will continue to bring people to bosses we have on farm which are the first two bosses of heroic Uldir at the moment.  

There's also an option of adding in Alt raid nights if people could use a break.  This would be for Uldir Normal.  Please let me know if you're interested.  

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me or another Officer for information.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: