Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> WoW Public Forums
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Fixitbroken

re: My Favorite Moment as a WoW Novice

My Favorite moment was when Jethaya and Tsuki took me to see if we could do a mythic run in what they tell me is a beast of a dungeon, Blackrock something something with Sanguine, Still don't know all the names.  I had thought heroics too easy, but thought mythics were beyond me.  They drug me along, or rather I chased after them tossing heals trying to keep everyone in line of sight.  Final boss fight,  everything blows up and 2 died, we finished something like 10% of the boss fight with three up and except that I was already doing something that was impossible to me an hour ago, I would have thought we would wipe for sure, you start looking for a nice cozy place to stash your own body... but, since it was already unbelieveable, I dug in and blew cooldowns and we lost one more, but we still finished the fight with 2.  So my favorite moment was when the people around you make you better than you think you is possible. I would have considered that a wipe for sure just an hour before.  Sometimes you need some inspiration.

Also, Jethaya insisting we had to kill the Sea Gulls in Eye of Azshara because they were evil was pretty classic.

-Bana

Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

Bana,

Great post!  Mythics are scary at first and they really make you question your abilities as a healer.  Honestly Eye of Azshara felt that way on heroic the first time.  The Sea Gulls are not quite as deadly as they once were, thanksfully.  I had to utilize my pally bubble multiple times to save my own butt when a gull was aggroed.  The best time to push yourself is in a guild group because a wipe doesn't matter.  We are all learning and only by pushing yourself can you get better.  It's also a reminder that you can't always keep everyone alive if they themselves don't pay attention to mechanics.  If you're a perfectionist and expect to keep everyone up, it's a humbling experience.  BUT, I would prefer to learn to do the harder content in a guild group who appreciates the effort and can help you learn and grow.  

I think it's great you had the experience and that you did push yourself and had fun!  

Gerhart

Einezwie
Novice

re: Way back when...

Good evening Saints!

So my favorite novice moment... I don't think anything will ever take this memories place for me:

Someone in the guild asked if anyone wanted to team up for a daily heroic dungeon crawl. I asked if I could tag along because I always appreciate the opportunity to help out guild-mates and build a bond with them. I don't remember which random we ended up in but it was one of the fastest runs I have been a part of so far. It was amazing to see how everyone knew what they were supposed to do and no one member seemed to be carrying the rest to make up for a lack of effort. 

Afterwards I get whispered by one of the member that was in the group. He was quick to let me know about the Novice quest requirements and gave some friendly advice on where to start and that I should reach out to an SA if I needed help. It was great having someone reach out at random and give me so much valuable information to help me find my way around.

Turns out that random member was our very own Lord Preceptor Gerhart! It really made my day that he took the time to help me and guide me where other guilds in the past had just left me hanging. That's something that already makes me proud to be a member (novice though I may be) of the Saints of the True Covenant. 

Belly (Béchamel)
Saint

re: Favorite Novice Moment (So Far)

my favorite novice moment (thus far) has to be when I needed to do Triumvirate - we ended up in a group of 4 STC members and a random person.  All of us were on Discord, so we were coordinated in where we were going (which wasn't always the correct direction) and partway through we realize that this poor pug probably has no idea what we were doing.  He was a good sport though, and stuck around until we finally completed our meandering dungeon crawl.    I've also thoroughly enjoyed being able to converse with folks in guild-chat and discord.  Happy to be here and looking forward to making more moments with you fine folks!

Cyonx
Saint

Hi All,

I have a tough time picking a favorite moment. There's a general feeling of camaraderie from a group of friendly people always being around when I log on, which is great. I enjoy being able to actually run dungeons with people, and there always seems to a round of 'congrats' in guild chat when I accomplish something.

If I have to pick a single moment, it's probably the first time I was able to attend a guild meeting, and we had a group walk out to the Stormwind gates together at the end. That's the first time in a very long time I've felt guild cohesion like that. We had several people ask us what we were doing and it was significantly cool.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> WoW Public Forums All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: