Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sabreth
Sabreth
High Councilor

re: Hail STC! Sabreth checking in!!

Hail Saints of the True Covenant! Caleb, aka Sabreth here just checking in with you all!

Don't remember the last time I checked in, it's been a while, hasn't it?!  lot's gone on with me in the last couple of years. This year especially has been a series of huge changes for me.

I deployed to the Middle East last year and was gone for 6 months. I got home in time for Thanksgiving, thankfully. After a long series of back to back issues, I left the service in February. Because I left the service, my day to day job that was dependent on my membership in the service was terminated as well. Since then I've landed on my feet in a new job doing much the same I was before, just for a different boss .

I still have my paintball business, PaintballTech.Net. Since I'm out of the service now I've been able to focus more on that and it's been amazing with how much it's taken off this year. I'm absolutely amazed and blown away by the overwhelming positive response of the paintball community to the work I do and feel incredibly lucky to have the opportunity I do with this endeavor.

Even with all those changes, I still think about STC often. My Steam tag still reads <STC> because my gaming heart still lives here. I don't have much time or opportunity to game any more, but I sorely wish I did just so I could come back and play games with you all. Glad to see some old faces still hanging around, as well as seeing some newbies  in the ranks.

If someone would have told me at the beginning of the year where I would be today I wouldn't believe them. If someone told me 8 years ago I would still be proud to wear the <STC> tag today, I would call them a fanciful dreamer. But here I am, at this moment, in a different job, in a different place, still proudly wearing and displaying my tag. Who knows, maybe I'll make a paintball patch of an STC design and apply it to my kit? I don't know what the future will bring, but one thing for sure is that no matter what, I'll still be here, maybe not full time or in full force, but I'll be here.

/salute

Sabreth

Awarded:

Sabreth,

Good to hear from you!  

That's definitely some changes in your life there and it sounds like they've been good!  That's great about the paint ball business.  I wondered how it was going.  I hope you, your wife, and child continue to do well!  

I can't believe that nearly 8 years later, I am also in STC and still playing WOW.  You must have joined a bit before I did.  Anyway, the folks in WOW are doing well.  There's some new faces and some old, and it's a good mix.  There's been so many faces who have come and gone in my 8 years, but STC remains.

I do hope you continue to check in and I wish you and your family the best!

Gerhart

Sabreth
Sabreth
High Councilor

D'oh! Totally meant to put a blurb in about my family! Sable and Saboteur are doing great. They weathered the deployment in an exemplary fashion and have rolled with my changes like champs. Saboteur's getting big and is at that age where we can go on our own adventures and have fun, but man he's a handful! At 5 years old he's into video games already (both good and bad!), and look forward to introducing him to more and more games as he grows

Sabreth

Saint

Hey Sabreth!  Glad to hear y'all are well!  Come join us some night!

Jethaya
Saint

Awarded:

hello Sabreth  glad to see everything is good  :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: