View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - Nov. 2015

Welcome to the November WOW meeting.  

Before we get into our meeting, I would like to share some information I received recently.  Some of you may know Earthmagic, I knew him as Dante as well.  I had been talking with him back and forth through his issue which had him in the hospital to a family emergency that had him flying cross country to see his mother.  Midway through the month, I received a PM from his girlfriend that stated she had tried to log into his account but could not.  Instead, she noted that Dante was no longer with us and that he really loved the guild.  I tried my best to find out what happened, but I didn't receive any further response.  So it is with a heavy heart that I share this information.  I wish I had been able to pass along my condolences to his family but unfortunately I have no other information on Dante.  I would like take a moment of silence to pay my respect to him.  

Thank you all for that moment.  I wasn't sure how best to broach this, but if you have been here in STC for a while, you have been witness to a similar event.  It's similar to how we found out about one of our beloved friends, Flintlok (or DeadKat), who is a Saint Eternal.  We celebrate those members as well as anyone who has been special to us in our annual Walk of Memories, typically held at the January meeting.  

To hopefully lighten the mood, if you are not aware, Smitzie and Fuzzu were married a couple of weekends ago.  Congratulations to both of them and well wishes for a long and happy marriage.  

For some, the time we spend in game is just that, a game.  For me, it is a little deeper.  People use the word family and that can be an accurate description, although I go for close friends.  We share happiness and tragedy.  That's why, it's important to treat each other with respect.  I know we come from very different places - locations, values, religions, and political beliefs.  We may not always agree, but respecting your fellow STC member as well as the other games is something STC is build upon.  Please think before you act, even if someone has been rude to you.  We stand tall and do our best to treat all with the decency we would hope to receive.  

In terms of WOW news, there are patch notes for 6.2.3.  Valor points are coming back and they will allow us to improve our gear up to 2 additional times for 5 items levels each.  Here is the post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19913791    This is likely to extend content as there is no Beta for Legion at the moment.  Blizzcon is on the horizon so we know that we are likely raiding HFC for a while longer.  I see the benefit that we can improve our gear to help push us deeper into HFC.  Also there will be new Timewalking dungeons.  It's not a huge content patch but will bring us additional items to do.  

New Novices:

Inductions:

Officer Inductions:

Award Nominations:

Raiding:

With the change to Valor incoming, we are progressing through HFC.  Hopefully with Valor Upgrades, our improved gear will helps us to push through a little faster.  We are continuing to work on new bosses.  If only Kormrok and Gorefiend would give up more pants and head pieces, we likely be moving through faster.  Those two piece set bonuses are very nice.  It may be time to move from personal loot on those bosses so we have more chances at tokens.  We have started working on Iskar and with the addon, IskarAssist, we are progressing quickly.  The team is working well and we probably need a few more attempts to get him down.  Please continue to read ahead on the next bosses so that we don't go into the fights blind.  Please sign up for raids early so that we can know if you are attending and move around people as necessary.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: