View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - May 2015

Welcome to the May WOW meeting.  It seems like we just had a meeting and it really hasn't been a full month.  Life for me as well as some of you has been busy.  It's a time that some of us do some things outside or travel in addition to playing WOW.  Unfortunately, some of us have had some crazy work deadlines which impact our play time.  We have been seeing a little bit of a drop in attendance in raids and even some slower nights.  I will be talking about raiding below but in general, what we try to do is build up the membership of STC so that there are people on at different times.  We don't all share the same play schedule or play style, but the more of us that are here, the more likely we have the opportunity to group.  I can say that I have forged some great friendships and learned a great deal from my relationships with people in STC.  With that being said, I need all of your help to pull more people in.  If you group with someone who is unguilded and they seem like a great person, let them know we are always looking.  We have opened up the LFG tool and had some people interested.  I see that there are a lot of guilds doing the same thing in trade chat.  We aren't looking for raiders, we are looking for people who we would enjoy playing with and talking to.  As Stone and Q have emphasized, it's about the person behind the toon.  

I'm glad to have be here and enjoying another meeting with you guys and hope that you all are enjoying as well.  If there are comments and suggestions, I'll open it up at the end or you can always pull me aside (when I am not raiding) or PM me with thoughts and ideas.  

New Novices:

Inductions:

Award Nominations:
Valor - Seerjohn

The Valor Award is awarded for those that distinguish themselves in combat. These are the people that lead by example, being flexible and adjusting to the situation as necessary (switching to an offspec or character), by stepping up in times of need.

SJ is awarded the Valor award for his flexibility in the recent raiding landscape.  I often get a whisper asking me what we need and how can I help out from SJ.  Sometimes I don't have the answer immediately, but it hasn't mattered to SJ.  If we need an extra healer, he's there, a DPSer, he's there and recently he fulfilled tanking duties so the team could go.  Thank you SJ for being a true team player and helping to make the raids go.  

Raiding:

The raid team has done well at times in Blackrock.  We have defeated Kromog and are working on Operator Thogar.  We have not done a continuation, although, it may be in our best interest to so that we get more practice.  I have been focusing on gearing everyone and getting people experience and drops.  Also, note that with more Normal Blackrock kills, you get the opportunity to have your Garrison followers get you Heroic Blackrock gear.  This has helped me to gear up and will help you as well.  This is also a good reason for doing Heroic Highmaul since you can get Mythic Highmaul gear.  And for those who don't know, Heroic HM gear is equivalent to Normal Blackrock gear in item level.  There is more than one way to gear up.  

Unfortunately, we have had some nights were we didn't have a full team to go.  That's hopefully not going to happen and we will try using the tools at our disposal to find PuG's to fill the group.  I will need all raiders who are thinking of attending raids to respond to raid invites so I can know if we will need to PuG in advance.  I know you don't know for certain, but at least put tentative.  I will then adjust.  My preference is for an all STC raid, but one of our main contributors, Neoblast, isn't even a guild member.  He's a former guild member who has helped us to move forward.  

In Pugging, we may be able to find additional players, particularly raiders to fill our team.  Maybe they stay friends of the guild or maybe they join STC, either way, there is a potential for a beneficial relationship which helps to keep STC's raids moving forward.  I ask for your patience as some PuG's can be downright painful - we already had one, but some can be awesome.  

Gear for Raiders:

I am opening up the guild back to give Gear to main spec raiders first and then alts who have raided.  This gear has been sitting in the guild bank and unused.  I want to see those who can and will use it. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: