View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: WOW Chapter Meeting Notes - April 2015

Welcome to the April WOW meeting.  I don't want to dwell on the past, but I do want to promote my open door policy.  As you know several members of STC left and started their own guild because they had a different view of raiding and felt they could not achieve that while being members of STC.  I wholeheartedly disagree and believe that we could have brokered a compromise that worked for all involved.  It would have been a compromise, though, and that's what's required when you work with a larger group.  In my mind, it is always better to try and make a change by staying than leaving, but sometimes, it feels like leaving is the best answer.  I wish those who left luck in their gaming and now turn inward to STC.  We have a tremendous group of people who I enjoy logging on to see and say hi to.  I hope that you all feel welcome as part of the family and if there are issues or ideas you want to share, please speak with me or one of the Officers.  

Speaking of Officers, we are in need of people to help out including BC's/raid leads and Saint Advisors.  These two positions are integral as the novice period is the introduction period and helps us to determine if we and the novices are a right fit for each other.  Raiding, well, it's a team building activity and having people who can assist in leading and building the team, is very, very important.  If anyone is interested in being an Officer, even in a limited capacity, we could use the support.  It's important for STC to continue to grow and bring in people who have the same values to keep the Chapter thriving.  I would appreciate any help and support you are willing to give.   

On a larger scale note, Casey Cistern has stepped down as Grand Preceptor of STC.  I want to thank Casey for his service to STC.  He had been in the position for three years and has bee a voice of reason during discussions.  Lord Dakari was raised from the HC to be the Grand Preceptor.  You may recognize the name.  He's been a player in both WOW and ToR and been a member of STC for a for a long time. 

New Novices:

Inductions:

Award Nominations:
None

Raiding:
All of the raid invites have been open invites and may continue to be.  Right now, we are trying to determine the best raid nights and the schedule may be pared down to 2 nights with an optional night if we have the people to go.  We have been very fortunate to have Neoblast, a former STC member, come with us as our raid team is short healers who can attend on a consistent basis.  We will look to ways to supplement the raid team, either through friends of the guild or PuG's if we need to.  Some of our friends of the guild ended up joining the guild and so that's one way to grow STC.  We have seen some great strides in both Highmaul and Blackrock it's been impressive to see our team succeed.  We killed Imperator on Normal on Monday night, the first kill of the end boss and I hope not the last.  We will also continue get gear through Heroic Highmaul and Normal Blackrock.  Our goal is to clear Blackrock on Normal and may even start to do Heroic Blackrock as our gear levels increase.  

I appreciate all the of the support our raiders have provided and if the schedule is not working or too burdensome, please let me know.  I will look to only schedule 3 nights a week max.  Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: