View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happeria

re: WoW Chapter Meeting Notes - February 2014

Welcome to the February Chapter Meeting.  Tonight's location, the Dalaran Beer Garden (Enter "A Hero's Welcome" Inn, stay on main floor and go around to the back left), is brought to you by Q!  Remember you can suggest a meeting location but it must be easily accessible by players of all levels.  Next month, should all attendees be level 100, we will go to my garrison.  If not all are level 100 we will default to Stormwind.

I know it sounds corny but you all are like family to me.  I think the diversity of people we have here that I probably would not have otherwise met in real life is very, very special.  We all have bad days (or weeks) where we just aren't participating like we normally do.  I, personally, have witnessed the power of Saints reaching out to others to make sure they're okay and think it's wonderful.  I appreciate hearing that when someone is having a bad day people step in to cheer them up.  I like how Saints have been looking beyond themselves -- even if it's that piece of 665 gear that dropped out in the world and they donated it instead of selling it for a major profit.  There have been a couple of returning Saints that had 3 Warlords Crafted Items given to them at the spur of a moment so that they could run content with the rest of the group!  

On the flip side, sometimes we may butt heads and not like each other for a time.  It can be tough being around the same people all of the time when we're playing.  Ultimately we come back together to keep this great thing called STC going.  It isn't easy.  Those times that we have conflict it can be so easy to throw our hands up in the air and walk away.  That doesn't solve anything, though.  It moves me to know that so many Saints swallow that lump in their throat and speak up for the good of everyone, for the good of STC.  I hope that is a trend that continues.  I hope that if you have an issue, even with me, that you will go to that person and give them an opportunity work on it.. because if you don't tell a person you have an issue with that there is one, they won't know and can't fix it.

All that being said, some of us may not know each other very well.  In an effort to remedy that, Gerhart has brought back the Saintly Spotlight.  It's an interview for us to get to know a little bit more about you and vice versa.  Many will have received PMs on the website with this questionnaire.  Please head to the forums and even if you haven't received a PM please read through the Spotlights that are up!

We have a big meeting ahead of us tonight, so let's get started :)  Zelsara, the floor is yours.

Membership

New Novices

I would like to start by welcoming our newest novices to the guild:

Zavas
iCode

Inductions

Grisostomo, 

We have a new Saints for  induction today!

Grisostomo, please come forward.

Grisostomo, you have been chosen for induction to full Saint. Have you read the charter, laws and code of conduct of STC?

Will you hereby uphold the laws of STC it it's people? Will you help and support your fellow Saints?

Saints, will you aid and support Grisostomo?

Then I hereby promote you to the rank of Saint! STC please help me congratulate Grisostomo in becoming a more integral part of STC! 

Promotions

Jethaya - LoS
Cheidierey - MoS
Corosato - SA

News

Zelsara:  Hello everyone.  I wanted to start by saying thank you to each and every one of you for always being here for me, no matter in which way.  With that being said, as of today, I will be stepping down from my position as Lady of Saints.  I have enjoyed seeing all of our novices grow into becoming Saints, and I have appreciated all of the help that I have ever received from any of the Saint Advisors that I have ever worked with.  At this point in my life, I am not on in-game enough to work my position to its fullest potential.  Between a full time job, raising 2 teenagers (help!), raising Khelbaine (haha), after school activities and volunteering at a cat adoption facility, I am just way too busy to devote the appropriate time needed to being Lady of Saints.  I want to also personally thank Happeria for choosing me almost a year ago (not sure if I got the time frame right) to be her LoS, and say that it was an honor to work with you.  We have been though a lot, and I have enjoyed getting to know you.  Now I will hand the meeting back over to Happi.

Happeria:  Thank you Zelsara.  I know I'm not alone in saying that you have done a wonderful job raising our novices and helping them be the best Saints they can be. :)  I truly appreciate all of your hard work and dedication.  Before I proceed I'd like to announce that Corosato has switched from being a Battle Chancellor to a Saint Advisor.  Thank you Corosato for continuing to support STC. :)

And so now we will promote the new LoS: 

{begin ceremony}

"Jethaya please step forward."

"Jethaya, you have served STC as a true Saint and have done so with honor, integrity and loyalty. Today you step forward to further Sanctus Covenir's ways by serving as Lord of Saints."

"Do you, Jethaya, accept the Honor and Responsibility bestowed upon you as Lord of Saints to mentor, teach and guide new Saints in the ways of Sanctus Covenir; to impress upon them our values of Honor, Loyalty and Service; to reflect upon their progress and to assist them to the best of your capabilities?"

{promotee replies with "Aye"}

"Jethaya, I hereby promote you to the position of Lordof Saints. Sanctus Covenir thanks you for your donation of time, support and resources. Saints, please help me in congratulating him on his promotion!"

{end ceremony}

Jethaya spoke, and requested that Happeria promote Cheidierey for him.

{begin ceremony}

"Cheddar please step forward."

"Cheddar, you have served STC as a true Saint and have done so with honor, integrity and loyalty. Today you step forward to further Sanctus Covenir's ways by serving as Mistress of Saints."

"Do you, Cheddar, accept the Honor and Responsibility bestowed upon you as Mistress of Saints to mentor, teach and guide new Saints in the ways of Sanctus Covenir; to impress upon them our values of Honor, Loyalty and Service; to reflect upon their progress and to assist them to the best of your capabilities?

"Cheddar, I hereby promote you to the position of Mistress of Saints. Sanctus Covenir thanks you for your donation of time, support and resources. Saints, please help me in congratulating Cheddar on her promotion!"

{end ceremony}

Battle Chancellors

Promotions

Myrranda - BC

{begin ceremony}

"Myrranda please step forward."

"Myrranda, you have served STC BC as a true Saint and have done so with honor, integrity and loyalty. Today you step forward to further Sanctus Covenir's ways by serving as BC."

{actual oath}

Do you, Myrranda, accept the Honor and Responsibility bestowed upon you as BC to mentor, teach and guide Saints in the ways of battle mastery; to teach them patience, honor, accountability and perseverance; to reflect upon them the responsibility to their fellow saints during battle?

"Myrranda, I hereby promote you to the position of BC. Sanctus Covenir thanks you for your donation of time, support and resources. Saints, please help me in congratulating her on their promotion!"

{end ceremony}

News

Yesterday was our first progression team run into Highmaul!  We got the first 2 bosses down, and we're now working on Brackenspore.  Our open raid night on Sunday has, in essence, the first 5 bosses down on farm.  The last 2 bosses still give us fits, but we should be able to get them down soon!  Please make sure you sign up for our Sunday night raid and help us get Highmaul down!  Today also marks the release of Blackrock Foundry.  I'm hoping to get all teams into BRF soon as well.  Isn't it crazy that only a few months after Highmaul was launched, we're already heading into the second raid?  For those of you wanting to come to raids, please remember to sign up early!  Also make sure to bring your flasks and any stat food you might want.  Having mumble set up is also critical.

Awards

Award Nominations

Zelsara - Duty - As LoS you have paved the way for the future of Sanctus Covenir.  Being a leader is a tough job with difficult decisions to be made.  You have served STC as a True Saint and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  The Duty award is given to those that have proven they value STC, its Values and most of all her People.  They put the extra effort forth and donate their personal and in-game time to help make STC what it is today.  Please take this small token of our appreciation for everything you have given to STC during your time with us.

Giveaways

Tsuki did a giveaway with a contest called "Name That Saint!".  Winners received 500g or a pet from the guild bank.

----

The floor is now open for our members - if you have feedback, suggestions, etc. please feel free to use this time to do so - or you can send me or any of the officers feedback in-game or via a private message on our website.

/rw To conclude our meeting, we'll be doing our traditional march to the Stormwind City Gates -- Officers may optionally mount-up during this march.  Please hit the / key on your num-pad to enable "walk mode" and follow me!

/rw Thank you all for coming!  Remember to re-equip your Weapons and Helms -- and have a good night!

Jump to: