View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happeria

re: WoW Chapter Meeting Notes - January 2015

Good evening and welcome to our January Chapter Meeting!  Tonight's meeting location suggestion (Purple Parlor in Dalaran (inside the Violet Citadel is a portal) is brought to you by Zelsara.  If you have found any neat places to host meetings please let me know and I'll add it to the rotation; the only requirement is that it be easy for players of all levels to be in.  I can always port us to SW (or, in tonight's case, IF) for the final march.

I've been enjoying seeing all of us playing together this last month.  The amount of spontaneous groups to run things has been awesome and I am pleased at the amount of people still signing up for raids.  I heard someone say this is the most interest we've ever had for raids in the history of STC in WoW.  I hope that I continue to see all of you here for the foreseeable future!

A subject I need to touch on again is the use of inappropriate language in STC.  As you all know, STC is a family-friendly guild, and have adopted these rules for the respect and comfort of all members.  Please do not use inappropriate language in Mumble or in-game chat with Saints.  Even if you are in the channel with people you're comfortable with keep in mind that they might have family within earshot that don't need to hear it.

January is a special meeting month.  Every year, at the end of the meeting, we march from the gates of Ironforge, through the Deeprun Tram, to the gates of Stormwind.  We take this time to reflect on those that have passed on from this world.  This is not limited to Saints and can be about someone important to you in real life. Please don't be shy and share your memories of loved ones with us. 

Awards

Award Nominations

Duty - Delphinae and Stonestriker.  A Saint noted that Delph and Stone have gone out of the way this past month to help people gear up and run dungeons.  You both consistently go above and beyond to help others and STC thanks you. :)

Membership

New Novices

I would like to start by welcoming our newest novices to the guild:

Kangoshi
Grisostomo
Nochemuerto
Emrÿs
Eadric 

Inductions

Parius

Promotions

Jethaya

News

As always, if you pass anyone in your travels that is looking for a new place to call home, please direct them to our website to apply.  I have no further updates, so I will pass the meeting over to Alaeria.

Chancellors of Raiding

News

Raiding is proceeding very well!  In fact, we have been breaking attendance records, at least in me tenure in STC, constantly for the past several weeks!  Even during holidays we have been fielding close to or more than the max amount for normal runs!  As for content, we beat Tectus on Sunday, and we got the Twins down to the farthest we've ever gotten them down to so far.  It's a HUGE achievement!  During Wednesday's run, we will start over, and see how far we can get in one night.  Now, I'd like to talk about a few things:

1. Signups - I know i've said this a million times, so here's 1 million 1.  Please sign up early.  With how many people have been signing up, it's important to get in there and put your name on the list.  I know we've hit maximum, so we will be inviting the ones that have fully accepted first, and fill out the remaining spaces with the tentatives until we hit max occupancy as mandated with the local fire marshal.
  2. Being ready - Everyone has been doing a fantastic job at improving the speed in which we are ready, not just before the raid starts, but in between wipes.  I literally ran back to the group, started eating and did a buff check only to realize that we were all ready to go!  Let's keep that up, as it allows us more tries in the amount of time that we have available.
  3. Progression/Heroic - We are evaluating!  The BC team is working hard at evaluating everyone that comes to our raids for invitation into the progression team, and we not only look at numbers, but we look at movement, positive attitudes, improvement over a period of time, and other factors.  I again want to make a few things clear:  This is NOT a popularity contest.  This is where we want to provide those who want to work on harder, more hardcore content an opportunity to go on these harder raids with like minded and able people.  The BC team goal is to have the enviable problem of having too many progression/heroic raiders much the same as our general raid team. PLEASE let us know you want to become a progression raider.  We can then work with you on what we think are areas for improvement, if there are any.  We are constantly evaluating raiders to be included in the progression team, so do not think this is a one and done deal.  We do this so we can give the more hardcore raiders the best chance to succeed, and we can only do so when we are all pulling in the same direction, the same amount of force.  At the same time, I want those accomplishments to be done by the most guildies as possible.
  4. Fun - We are here to have fun, and I must say that so far we have been having a TON of it during our raids.  Even when we were beating our heads against Brackenspore, I sensed people were still enjoying what we were doing, and we could see the light at the end of the tunnel.  That is the best attitude to have, and it will get us very far indeed.

I hope everyone is having fun, and if not, please talk to someone from the BC team.  That's me (Alaeria/Chambao/Monknado), the SBC Nyali/Kailanii, and the BCs Corosato/Sacharissa/Ysabell and Manbearpig/Cel/Evilzoidberg and whatever other toon he has running around.  To find out if any of them are on, just hop into the guild pane and look for their names or their alts.  We mark alts with text stating they are alts, and who their mains are.

Annual March

To conclude are meeting we will be performing our annual march of memories.  We use this march to reflect on memories of the guild and her people. Guild members are welcome to share their favorite memories as we walk together as a guild.

Jump to: