View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happeria

re: WoW Chapter Meeting Notes - December 2014

Hi everyone and welcome to our December Chapter Meeting!  Today's location is brought to you by Jethaya.  If you have any suggestions on where to host meetings please send me a whisper or a PM on the website and I'll add it to the rotation.  We are up to February with suggestions, so yours could be in March!  The only requirement is that it be accessible to everyone; we typically do have warlocks available to summon, and your LP is a mage so we can port back to the Mage Tower in SW and march to the gates like usual.

It has been wonderful to see so many faces in game with the new expansion and I hope y'all hang around.  I believe I've seen 33 Saints logged in at one time which might be a record in my time with STC. :)  Additionally our Mumble server is getting lots of use.  I heard a comment that there were more people on it the other day than in guild meetings.  If you haven't joined us on Mumble yet I urge you to come along.  The server information is in the info tab of the guild pane in game as well as the general member forum on the website.

That being said I do have a couple of concerns that were brought to my attention recently with Mumble.  As you all know one of our goals in STC is to facilitate a close-knit group of people to allow for spontaneous activities.  It is so easy to hit our push to talk buttons and ask if anyone wants to go on a random heroic dungeon run but it's leaving people not in Mumble at the time left out.  I would like to request that, if you're looking for people to join your group, you ask in guild chat first to make sure that you're reaching everyone.  Second, please remember when you are done grouping down in a group channel to re-join the main channel to hang out.  It can be easy when any group of people gets larger for it to fragment off and have what some people consider cliques.  This is not something we want to see in STC as it divides us rather than unites us.  I am certainly not telling you how to play your game, if you and a friend want to go run quests or dungeons or level toons together then please go to a group channel.  However, if you're just hanging out and chitchatting please join the rest of us in general chat; I'm sure others would like to participate too. :)

Starting in January I will have a class on Thursday nights for approximately 13 weeks.  After talking with my officer team I've decided to move our monthly chapter meetings to Tuesdays until at least April.  On the nights these conflict with Heroic Night we'll just delay them until after the meeting (and I'll try to be quick ;)).  If you have any concerns about this please let me know.  

I hope y'all are having fun with the new content.  I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I have; as a former NON-altoholic I am surprised to be sitting here with two 100 level toons already with level 3 garrisons and two more with garrisons just gathering resources in their caches.  If you get an invasion quest I suggest getting two Saints to join you for it to get Silver or maybe Gold rating, though I suspect Gold rating will take more gear to accomplish.  I hope these tips help you!

As far as tradeskills go, Delph has obtained all of the WoD glyphs and is willing to make them for 20 of any Draenor herb per glyph. You can send the materials to Delphiseer.  Please see her post under Kat's Tradeskill Corner on the forums for details.  

Awards

Award Nominations
Corosato - The Duty award is awarded to those that have proven that they value STC, its Values and most of all her People. They put the extra effort forth and donate their personal and in game time to help make STC what it is today.  A Saint told me that Corosato "has helped me countless times to obtain achievements, rewards, pets, etc.  He is always willing to help me and I have seen him help others many times, too many times to count.  Corosato really embodies the quality of a great Saint."

Membership

New Novices

I would like to start by welcoming our newest novice to the guild, Parius.

Inductions

We have a few Saint inductions today!

Would  Holybob and Bonnibelle please come forward.

Holybob and Bonnibelle, you have been chosen for induction to full Saint. Have you read the charter, laws and code of conduct of STC?

Will you hereby uphold the laws of STC it it's people? Will you help and support your fellow Saints?

Saints, will you aid and support Holybob and Bonnibelle?

Then I hereby promote you to the rank of Saint! STC please help me congratulate them in becoming a more integral part of STC!

News

The Recruitment team is looking for Saint Advisors!  If you are interested in becoming a part of the Recruitment team, please talk to me!  We can talk after the guild meeting if you wish.  Or, if you feel more comfortable, you can PM me in game or send me a guild website email. 

As always, if you pass anyone in your travels that is looking for a new place to call home, please direct them to our website to apply.  I have no further updates, so I will pass the meeting back to Happi.

Battle Chancellors

News

Last night was our first raid run in WoD!  It was a great success, downing the first boss, Kargath!  We are very close to downing boss #2, and we feel we have a pretty good chance of doing that this coming Sunday.  If you're interested in raiding, please make sure you sign up to the calendar invite.  Make sure you are at ilvl 630, and gemmed and enchanted.  Please also take a moment to read through the raider rules and information posts in the WoW Raiding forums on our website.  It is key that everyone is on the same page, so the information outlined in those posts is very important.

I will also be posting a poll in those forums about what days you would prefer to raid.  Depending on the results of the poll, we'll start scheduling raids for 2 nights to start out.  For now we will be raiding on Sundays, but I'd like to ramp that schedule up as more people are join the raiding group.

Events

Tsuki spoke about Tuesday's Heroic Nights.  These have been wonderful for getting Saint groups together to see the new dungeons and teach others about the fights and how it's worked for different people.  Please sign up in the in-game calendar to attend!

-----

The floor is now open for our members - if you have feedback, suggestions, etc. please feel free to use this time to do so - or you can send me or any of the officers feedback in-game or via a private message on our website.

Jump to: