View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happeria

re: WoW Chapter Meeting Notes - November 2014

Welcome everybody to the November Chapter Meeting, the last one during Mists of Pandaria!  

You may have noticed a change in the layout of Mumble recently.  On October 18th the High Council held a meeting and Gerhart posted the notes on the News forum.  Among the topics discussed were the need/appropriateness of the Ale House channel as well as our desire to see Saints in SWTOR using STC's Mumble server.  To ensure Saints of all ages feel welcome in Mumble, the Ale House has been changed to The Cantina, an all ages cross-game channel for Saints to gather.  We have also added separate WoW and SWTOR General Chat channels, plus several group and raid channels.  In the case of private discussions we have also added two Private channels -- if you see people in these channels do not go into them without speaking to one of them first.  The Guild Meeting channel has been changed to Guild Hall in recognition of games we have played in the past.

Warlords of Draenor will be arriving next week.  Many Saints have even take days off to enjoy it.  I know many of us will be wanting to experience the content in different ways.  Some want to slowly enjoy the story or rush to their Garrison while others want to race to 100 to get ready for raid content.  Whatever you decide to do please remember to include your fellow Saints along the way!  I will be on the majority of the time from Thursday to Sunday.  Feel free to hop into Mumble and get together :)  This is going to be fun and I'm looking forward to it!

Speaking of different ways to experience the expansion, the officer team wants your feedback!  You may have seen the officer team's posts on the forums.  They will each speak on their posts in detail shortly, but I want you all to know the importance of giving your thoughts, opinions and feelings.  As Saints have come to us with ideas we have been using them to make decisions on activities thus far. If you want to see things that we haven't done yet, or you want to move in another direction you haven't seen us go, now is the time!  

My post is in regards to meeting locations, guild bank access/organization, suggestions to encourage forum use and types of events you'd like to see.

Awards

Award Nominations

Tsukinoo - Duty:  A Saint, working on her Loremaster title, was so overpowered even with no gear/weapon on, to do a small amount of damage to mobs to complete a necessary quest.  Tsuki used two of his accounts to utilize his two-person flying mount to fly his lowbie, well out of his way, over to where she was to group with her and help her complete her Loremaster achievement.  The Duty Award is given to those that have proven that they value STC, its Values and most of all her People. They put the extra effort forth and donate their personal and in game time to help make STC what it is today.  Thank you very much, Tsuki, for continuing to show what a Saint is.

Please remember that awards are only given when someone is nominated!  If you see someone exhibiting Saintly behavior deserving of recognition please send me a PM on the website and we can figure out which award applies. :)

Membership

New Novices

Holybob
Rock (previously known as Soulcreeper)

News

Zelsara was unavailable so Happeria spoke about the following:  Saints, the Recruiting Team needs your feedback.  We need ideas for new riddles, novice quests, maybe a suggestion on how we recruit.  Anyone can help with this.  New novices and saints, you are included in this.  Especially since you have just gone through our initiation process yourself and it's fresh in your mind.  Feel free to PM me, or get me in game. 

As always, if you pass anyone in your travels that is looking for a new place to call home, please direct them to our website to apply. 

Battle Chancellors

News

WoD is upon us!  This is our last weekend in MoP before the hectic spinup to questing mode, so we would like to wrap up a few things.  Firstly, I'd like to run Normal SOO Friday night and burn through as many bosses as possible to get to wing4.  We can then finish up achievements on Monday, and get folks their mounts!  The progression team will finish up Heroic SOO on Sunday for the guild, and finally put that to rest as well.  Starting Thursday with the release of WoD, raiding will be put on hold until we have enough level 100 folks with appropriate gear to start ramping up raids again.  I don't have an exact timeline for this, but considering we have quite a few holidays coming up, I don't expect it to start until the beginning of the year.

That's it!  We are winding down our raiding now, getting ready for WoD and the newness!  We'll be updating raider rules and other such posts during the transition to WoD, so keep an eye out for that as well.

----

One final note before I move on to something FUN:  As I have said before, my door is always open.  If there are any concerns within the WoW Chapter please bring them to my attention.  If you don't feel comfortable talking to me please speak to my Senior Chancellor, Qordinn.  We can only work on things that we know about.  Soon we're all going to be very busy in the game but I want to make sure your needs are being met.  Remember that if your concern has to do with raiding you should first bring up your concern with Nyali or Alaeria, and if it has to do with recruiting, membership or a novice you should bring it up with Zelsara.  If, for whatever reason, you feel you are not being heard then come to Qordinn or myself.  We have these officer teams set up to allow a specific focus on each section of the STC, however I will still be available to talk no matter what.

GIVEAWAY:  Now let's have some fun!  We are giving away 5 pets or 500g (winner's choice) from the guild bank.  The winners had to be the first to open a trade window with Happeria, guess Alaeria's weight, name Q's children, guess how many mounts Happeria has, and guess how many unique pets Nyali has.

Winners were:  Meileiki, Tsuki, Delph, Nathand, Nyali

The floor is now open for our members - if you have feedback, suggestions, etc. please feel free to use this time to do so - or you can send me or any of the officers feedback in-game or via a private message on our website.

Tsuki is running heroic nights on Tuesdays for WoD.

Evang and a few people will be pvping doing Arenas (3s only, not 5s) in WoD.  If you're interested in doing this and learning please whisper him!

Jethaya would like to get groups together to run random battlegrounds or maybe RBGs (rated battlegrounds, 10 of you against 10 of them).  Happeria is interested too.  Whisper or PM either of us if you're interested and maybe we can make it happen!

Jump to: