View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stonestriker/Thal
High Councilor

re: Thalstan update

Quick update on my activities.  I am currently working on my T8 mining tool, which means I need to make a bunch of new accessories.  Unfortunately, I am also getting filled up on stone and other materials, so I am going start putting that to good use.  I have started construction on Castle Pegasus and have one tower and part of a wall up.  My initial thoughts are to make the floors out of stone and the walls out of marble, but that may change as I have WAY too much stone currently and not enough marble.  I may do most of it in granite to start, and then upgrade to marble things progress.  This would also allow me to do more of it, as I am not nearly as limited in resources 

My idea is a traditional 4 tower castle with wall between the towers and walkways and battlements.  In the center or back, I will be placing a keep and the front will have a set of gates.  Right now, I am trying to get the proportions right on the towers and the walls.  Since my claim is not a very level piece of ground, the back wall will be considerably higher than the front.  I also plan on having a basement dug out underneath.  

Come take a look and see it if you like and provide input.  It's not complete as of yet, nor does it even have a finalized design, but I am hoping you can get an idea.

The shell of the castle is complete, but I am not sure I am happy with the proportions.  That said, I am not sure I can change much without changing the entire structure.   I will check to see if adding height to the rear towers will improve the overall look.  I will also add flags.

I have also raised the whole thing to the highest ground level and changed the gate entrance. 

I am also using stone instead of marble at present.  I will probably change it later on.  I may push the entire front wall back a bit and add a gatehouse in front.  I still have to add in the interior buildings, including the keep. I am not happy with the support structure underneath the castle proper, plus I still have to figure out how I will want to access the lower levels.  I will replace my crafting equipment next time I am on.  

One final thing to note.   If you build your own structure, try and avoid going right up against the claim wall.  Funky things happen with the tools and it can be frustrating

I have posted a screenshot of Castle Pegasus on the website.  You can link to it here

http://sanctuscovenir.guildlaunch.com/gallery/image_detail.php?gallery=86373&image_id=1393859&gid=142626

I plan on putting higher towers in the back and re-doing the front gate, plus I have a ton of detail work to do, but the rough outline is there.

I hope I got the coat of arms right.  It's as close as I can make it right now.

That looks cool!!

That looks pretty decent, Thal! 

I had the same problems with tools not working properly at the edge of my claim -- I think it relates to the issue with the plants that are tough to delete -- I know I had a few trees that I deleted on my first day re-appear, after moving the foundation and walls of my building a "27 block" away from my claim wall.  Just the ones that crossed the border into my claim. 

I couldn't delete those stupid trees, nor the rock, nor anything else that re-appeared, and crossed the claim border.  So, I deleted my claim and moved to a spot without props.

I'll post what I have when I have something other than the floor done, lol. 

Gerhart STC
High Councilor

Awarded:

Nice picture Stone!  Thanks for sharing, as I like reading about your progress.  I haven't played a game (other than warcraft long ago) where I can build anything so this is all new to me.  

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> EQN: Landmark All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: