View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Kindrik

re: WoW Chapter Meeting Notes - October 2013

Welcome everyone to our October Chapter Meeting, thanks for coming out. As a reminder, the meetings today and going forward will all be held in-game; no vent for now. We'll try to keep things on the shorter side, but today's may be a bit longer as we talk about the direction of the chapter, etc. Speaking of which, let's dive right into that topic to get started:

Chapter Direction

Overall

I plan to continue to build upon established building blocks of the Chapter, as well as to create new ones to ensure we continue to have a solid foundation from which to build upon and to help us establish and pursue goals that we have with in this game.

With the type of game WoW is, I envision our chapter to be a 50/50 mixture of Raiding and Non-Raiding In-Game Activities (i.e. Pet Battles, PvP, etc) and we'll be working to embrace these foundational building blocks over time. I see these building blocks as: Our Members, Raiding, Recruitment, and a new untitled section that will handle the previously mentioned Non-Raiding In-Game Activities - more on these below.

I'd also like to encourage everyone to visit our website and participate on the forums. Whether it's once a day, once a week or a few times a month - you may find out something new about WoW or another game or even a member, participate in a variety of discussions or even start your own. We have a great community here in-game in our Chapter - and the website is another way to build upon that community as well as build the community within the Guild as a whole - across all of our chapters.

Raiding
Additional time is needed to finalize this section of the chapter. Should have more details at the November Chapter Meeting.

Recruitment
We'll continue to recruit as we have been, making tweeks as necessary to accommodate to any changes as we encounter them. It's important for us to continue to go after the person behind the character while working with each section within the chapter to help meet any specific role requirements that need filled.

New Section
I'm still in the process of working on establishing (more definitively) a new section of the chapter that will focus on almost everything that doesn't fall under Raiding or Recruiting (i.e. Transmog runs, Pet Battles, PvP, Achievement Runs, etc.) This section will also handle bank management.
This new section of the chapter will have an new officer team dedicated to it and will be filled over the next few months.
If being a part of this officer team is something that interests you, and you want to have a hand in creating it, please send me a private message on our website.

Members
Our most important foundational building block - and in reality, IS our foundation upon which the other 3 are built upon - is our members. Without all of you, there is no Sanctus Covenir WoW Chapter.

While I can't guarantee we can help meet everyone's goals in the game, we'll certainly do what we can. At the end of the day, I hope you can call this Guild home - and be able to enjoy all that the game and the chapter has to offer.

I'm happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have - please feel free to PM me on the website or send me a whisper in-game after the meeting.

Membership

Promotions
Lady of Saints: Happeria
Mistress of Saints: Lustrasza

New Novices
Raygone
Jamme
Thodin
Pengayau

Inductions
Celestiana
Phegnomenon
Cheidierey
Felariirn

Raiding

Promotions
Senior Battle Chancellor: Boodikka
Battle Chancellor: Gromov

We have made great strides in the new Flex Raid level that Blizzard has provided. First Wing has been cleared! Our success has hinged on a consistent core of STC raiders and a friendship with another guild, [ Mass Rez Inc ]. Since we are limited in how many DPS we can bring based on how many healers we have, this friendship has allowed us to include more STC Raiders on Flex Runs. At times, we've asked Raiders to use an alt spec or perhaps consider changing Raiding Mains. Everyone who has agreed to do a spec switch or main switch kept the run going for the rest of the guild and your sacrifices are greatly appreciated.

There is still room on the team for any interested Saints!! We'd like to keep growing! The cap for Flex Raids is 25. Anyone who is available on Mondays and Fridays that would like to join the group, please speak with any member of the BC after the meeting. Healers and tanks are of course a priority, but we also would love to have a few more dps for the runs. If you are only available one night a week, do not let that discourage you from speaking to a BC! We are able to accommodate many different availabilities with Flex.

There is a lot of behind the scenes work that goes into a Guild Raid night. I'd like to thank every member of the BC for their hard work and dedication. From bringing the feasts to linking the videos to perfecting a new rotation to benefit the group, we would not get anywhere without you! Thank you, Delphinae, Gromov, Neoblast, and Stonestriker. And most importantly, I would like to thank Lord Gerhart for this opportunity to lead the BC.

Note we are still planning on making a foray into Normal mode raiding. At this time, we are trying to pull together the constant team, get experience, gear up and prepare for the onslaught. We appreciate your patience and support. Please note that we are doing our best to accommodate everyone to the extent practicable. If for some reason you have a problem with the way raiding is being scheduled or other issues, please talk to one of the BC's mentioned above or to me directly.

Events

The pet battle tournament hosted and ran by Zucanthor has ended as of September 9th and was a success - thank you Zucanthor!

Level 25 Bracket Winners
#1 - Kindrik (111 pts) - FIRST PLACE
#2 - Lustrasza (95 pts) - SECOND PLACE
#3 - Thawne (82 pts) - THIRD PLACE

Level 5 Bracket Winners
#1 - Lustrasza (135 pts) - FIRST PLACE
#2 - Zucanthor (88 pts) - SECOND PLACE
#3 - Ruthean (77 pts) - THIRD PLACE

Zucanthor plans on having another tournament before the end of the year - whether your a pet battle veteran or just starting out, keep your eyes on the forums to sign up for the next one!

Thank you all again for coming, I'd like to do something a little different this meeting for our march out. Let's all meet up on the stairs outside the Cathedral and our Priests will be levitating everyone for our march - a little pre-halloween spirit to celebrate and get ready for the holiday. Please continue to wait on the steps as the buffs are handed out -- once we're all done, I'll get the march started.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: