Eritrian

Inductions:
Anyaguara
Mailea
Hersing
Haskell

Award Nominations:
Messychick - Duty
Awarded those that have proven that they value STC, its Values and most of all her People. They put the extra effort forth and donate their personal and in game time to help make STC what it is today.

It has been noted that Messy consistently spends time talking to novices and Saints alike to make them feel welcome. The person who nominated when as far as to say, "I feel like she's become a great face for STC. It is behavior like this that makes a good Saint and also makes other people realize they want to be with us."

Pet Battle Tournament
Zucanthor has posted and will be hosting a STC Battle Pet Tournament. Read the post on the website for rules and prizes.

http://sanctuscovenir.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9538987&gid=142626

Raiding Update
Stone has posted a thread to discuss raiding nights. Here's your chance to help provide input on the raid nights. We are looking to accomodate the needs of our raiders. Please post in response.

http://sanctuscovenir.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9542020&gid=142626

The notes below are the same as last month but bear repeating!

Horridon is FINALLY downed. On to the council

5.2/5.3 raids. We will continue to run ToT raids and maintain a high gear score/ability requirement for those raids. In this set of raids, you are expected to know your class, know how to DPS/Tank/Heal, and be fully enchanted, gemmed, and reforged. These fights are TOUGH and they require dedication. I honestly think that if we had more consistency with our raiding team, we would have had Horridon down a while ago. Unfortunately, when someone leaves due to frustration or other issues, it takes a bit of time to get someone new up to speed.

In 5.4 organized raids will be flex raids. We MAY at some point, try and organize a 10 person raid team, but in order to try and be inclusive, we will be using flex raids. How that dynamic will work is still in the works and will probably not be finalized until after we've had some experience with it. Needless to say, we can not bring 10 healers, 5 tanks, and 1 dps and expect to beat the enrage timers, nor can we bring 3 heals, 20 DPS and 2 tanks and expect to remain alive. We will need to try and balance our classes, but at the moment it looks like 2 tanks, somewhere between 2.3-3.1 DPS-tanks/healer to make the balance right. That means 12 total can be achieved with 3 healers, but more than 12 should include 4 healers. Again, it's all preliminary, but that's the formula we will be going with until we know more.

For flex raiding, you will need to have run though the LFR version of the raid at a minimum. We may require a higher gear score than the minimum, but that is to be determined.

We will currently continue to Raid ToT on Mon and Wed, but I will put up a thread on the forums for you to suggest days you want to see as ToT days. Please put up the days you are willing to Raid ToT. This is primarily for current ToT people raiders, but others can put up their thoughts too. Remember, this is just your opinion and I will make a final decision after careful consideration. Please don't make "helpful" comments about what seems best to you, just days you are available. However, if you are available 6 days a week but 3 are better for you than others, say so.

Finally, HoF/MSV/ToES. We will continue to run these. I may even try to get people into heroic mode depending on how things work out. We've beaten MSV on normal and are two bosses from beating HoF. Doing heroics is not a great priority of mine as we are still working on normal in a lot of areas, but it may be nice to try things once or twice depending.

Officer Update
At the next meeting, there will be a change in the leadership of the WOW Chapter. After 2 years of serving as the LP, I have decided I need to step down. This change has been in the works for many months and we have been working behind the scenes to present a seamless transition. Kindrik will be the next Lord Preceptor. Kindrik will officially be raised at next month's meeting. For those who have not been here for a change in LP, the incoming LP is welcome to make any and all changes to the Officer Corps as he sees fit. This is done to help give those who are serving a well deserved break as well as bring in additional people.

Having served as an Officer in some capacity for most of my tenure at STC, I would like to say that it is important that if you do have time, we could always use additional people. Most of the jobs just require you to log onto the website a couple of times a week and participate in discussions on how to run the guild.

Tsuki (LOS) mentioned the need for additional Saint Advisor's (SA's) as real life has prevented the current list of SA's from being able to participate. The SA is a key position because it helps acclimate the novices to STC and is the face of the guild to our potential members. The position does not require an abundance of time. It does require checking on the novice and trying to group with them or at least talk with them. Also it does require checking the website a couple of times a week to keep up with new posts.

Stonestriker added the following in regards to the change in leadership:
STC is a long term guild. We are almost what...16 years old?

The thing about long term guilds is that unlike many short term guilds, they are not built around a single leader. STC is built around our members. When you have that type of approach, you have the ability to change leadership.

STC has had many changes in leadership, both game and guild. The thing is, when these leaders retire, it's not because they are quitting the game or quitting the guild, but because they need a break from the very stressful job that leading a guild or a chapter is.

Sometimes we forget that these leaders we've all looked up to over the years are people too, and that they have jobs, relationships, and stress that we don't see. Being a guild leader is a stressful job. In fact, it's often compared to a real job, taking between 10-20 hours a week just to keep things running. The LoS, SBC and SC jobs are even more stressful as they are designed to take much of the day to day load off the LP. Without these officers, running a guild would be almost impossible for a single person. It's this ability to delegate that has allowed STC to thrive over the past decade and a half.

Now, with the change in leadership, there is often a change in other positions. The incoming LP has the right to ensure that his or her leadership team is one that can get along both with each other, and with the new LP. It's also a time where the general membership can easily step up and volunteer to take on additional responsibilities or try our new positions. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but many times it does. I know several people who have reached high office in STC that started out as a new BC or SA after a leadership change.

Finally, even though it saddens us that our current leader is stepping down, we should recognize them for the job well done and allow them to take as much of a break as they need. It's also a time to wish the new suckers..I mean officer corps well in their new endeavors.

If there are any questions or concerns, please contact me or one of the Officers.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: