View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cistern-Casey
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: February Update:

Sanctus Covenir Guild Update News

It has been several months since we have had a guild-wide update, and I have been planning on releasing one for some time now, but something always kept getting in the way. It started as a major attack from turkeys in November, a fat bearded man with an army of midgets in December, and the breakage of many resolutions in January. Now that it is February and I’m an old married man, I have nothing I need to do getting in the way this month! (and if I want Mrs. Cistern to know I said that, I will tell her myself) So…here it is..

STC Continues On…

Here we are well into another year. 2012 was a great year for STC. We saw the successful rise, and eventual decline, of an officially sanctioned chapter in SWtOR, and a smaller minor chapter sprout up in GW2. All the while our WoW chapter continues to successfully advance further, both in growth and in progression.
We had 112 novices join us in 2012, of which 48 were promoted to the rank of Saint! While some may see this as a bad ratio, I see it as a GREAT ratio. What this says to me is that our Saint Advisors are doing a great job at weeding out those folks who are not a good fit with our fine guild. To all of our recruiting officers: keep up the great work! You are the front lines of growth in STC.

In September of 2012 we celebrated our 15th anniversary as a guild! What started as a diablo clan in 1997 has grown into a large, multi-game, guild. I was not around at the beginning, and to my knowledge not many who are still with us were. I know that Kylan was one of the founders, and there may be more, but Im sure it feels great to see what you started so long ago become what it is now. We celebrated with a multi chapter vent meeting where several of our older members and former Grand Preceptors spoke about the history, and memories, of STC.
What does all of this show us? Nothing can stop STC… Over the years we have seen many people come and many go; chapters rise with great power and success and chapters wither away to nothing, with games even shutting down; threats of apocalyptic destruction and desolations and the passing of such predicted dates without incident.

Bottom line: STC is here to stay! We will continue to live on, because STC is not any one person, or any one game, but the collective of all of its Saints across all chapters that may come!

Policy Information:

There has been some questions arise of the many years of STC’s existence concerning the rule of not allowing a Saint to have alts in another guild. This rule has been argued, and often times misinterpreted, over the years, and has again recently come up for discussion and possible update with the HC. Let me help us all to understand the purpose of this rule and what it actually states.

First, let’s look at the purpose: From Qordinn:
Qordinn wrote:

STC does not permit individuals from having multi-guild memberships on the same server in which we are sanctioned in a game. The exceptions to this rule include bank guilds (guilds in which the entire purpose is to have additional bank space. These guilds will include no more than a few people who use the guild purely for storage space), and small family only guilds (this would constitute only guilds in which close family are members, this should probably not exceed 5 or 6 people and not be an active event hosting guild), and people who were already active in an established guild prior to STC establishing an official presence (going through the sanctioning process is considered an official presence). It is required that in game officer staff be made aware of these guilds and that the LP or SC approve of the membership in these guilds.

The reasoning behind this is multiple. People who are in multiple guilds that are actively doing events are tough to reach for spur of the moment type events. It reduces the amount of active individuals in guild chat, thereby reducing the family atmosphere we strive to maintain. Guild groups, scavenger hunts, even general conversation become more difficult for those that are online and actively working to try to make the guild work. Each member is important to the guild to help it function properly. This is why we recruit the individuals behind the toon and not the toon itself. Our goal is to have a group of close friends and family that play together, chat together, and enjoy their time together. This goal cannot be effectively reached if we purposefully fragment our membership by having them unavailable to the membership when they are online playing elsewhere. If the membership wants to join another guild for a reason, we need to know what it is so that we can see if that desire can be filled within our own guild. We encourage you to communicate with your in game leadership or the HC directly if you cannot reach your in game leadership to address any needs you may have that you feel are not being met.

Now lets look at the truth behind this rule so we can lay to rest any misunderstanding and misinterpretation:

As a member of STC, there ARE occasions in which you may join another guild:
• You ARE allowed to join a different guild on a different server than STC's sanctioned chapter server.
• You ARE allowed to join a different guild on a specialty server. (i.e. RP or PvP)
• You ARE allowed to have a toon in a banking guild on the same server as STC's sanctioned chapter server.
• You ARE allowed to have a toon in a small, family only, guild on the same server as STC's sanctioned chapter server.
• You ARE allowed to join another guild in any game where STC does not have a sanctioned chapter (excluding pre-sanctioning).

The main idea is that we do not want to limit STC’s progressive/raiding abilities by having all of our raiders in a different guild while STC is attempting a progressing raid. It isn’t about PK’ing anymore…its about the health and success of STC now. The thing that the chapter leadership of EVERY STC chapter must remember: We should be providing for the members of each chapter the gaming experience that will keep people in guild – not because of this rule, but because they WANT to!

Suggestion Box:

The High Council wants to hear from you! On the right side of the forums is a ‘suggestion box’. This is where you can submit thoughts, complaints, ideas, and suggestions to the HC for discussion. If you have in game issues that you cant seem to get resolved with your in game leadership, you can let us know here. Have an idea for STC? Share it with us here. We honestly would like to hear from you. Share with us where you would like to see STC at the end of 2013!

Chapter Updates

WoW:

Lord Gerhart wrote:

STC WOW is doing great. We have recently made some terrific raiding strides as well as see 20+ players logged on at times. We have seen a little boost in recruiting with the use of the in-game message in trade chat as well of friends of current members. There is more than enough content for the casual player and certainly plenty of content for those who raid or like to challenge themselves. In raiding, we just recently added 3 more boss kills to our list. It took some more consistent tries as well as some additions to our raiding list. What we have seen is that Blizzard created a little difficulty in gearing up for raiding as well as the holidays really put our team to the test. After the holidays, though, the raid team has really flourished. What's great is we are adding new names to the raiding list and sometimes having to alternate players. This is good for players who may need a night off and would prefer to be on standby. Blizzard continues to add content with more on the way. I am glad to see so many old and new faces popping in. The chapter is thriving and it's thanks to all our members!

SWtOR:

Quote:
No Update.

Special Recognition:

I want to take a moment to officially recognize our 2012 Saint of the Year. This is (to my knowledge) a first for STC. Over the course of the year I received several PMs on the website concerning the great work this Saint was doing. I also had been paying attention to what this Saint had done to further the success of STC.

Our 2012 Saint of the year award goes to: Droktavius! Droktavius served as raid leader, and eventual acting LP in SWtOR, during that games decline. Drok also stepped up with willingness to help serve in the GW2 minor chapter. Drok was essentially working as a leader in both chapters at the same time. Often times Drok put his on desires and interests last in order to put the needs of other Saints ahead of his own. For his obvious sacrifices and service to STC, we give a big thank you and salute to Lord Droktavius![/quote]

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: