View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cistern-Casey
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: July Guild Update:

JULY 2012

OK, OK... I know it is a week or so late, but I am willing to blame that on an extended holiday week, and some ingenious laziness on my part. No, really...I am a pro at laziness. I have facts to back up this claim, but, I think I will just get to them later.

July MUST be 'Geek Month' because of the following observances:
    1. Stay out of the Sun day - July 3
    2. Video Games Day - July 8
    3. Embrace Your Geekness Day - July 13
    4. National Junk Food Day - July 21
    5. National Nude Day - July 14

Err, I'm not sure how that last one got on there, but it truly exists, and I'm POSITIVE that it fits the geek lifestyle.

On that note, on with the chapter updates!

Chapter Updates:

WoW Chapter Update:

Lord Preceptor Gerhart wrote:
It appears the WOW Chapter is in store for some changes as Patch 5.01 is on the horizon (currently on the BETA). This patch will be game play changes to that prep us for the next expansion - Mists of Pandaria. This means the people will need to relearn some abilities or adjust how they play due to the changes. It could make raiding a little harder as we adjust. It's a good time to read up on the potential changes and see how others in the guild are going to adjust.

The raiding continues to occur as often as we can get mostly full groups. Many, many toons have been getting upgrades in gear. Remember if you are trying to start raiding, the main requirements are posted in the Battle Mastery Forum. In short, you need to be fully gemmed and enchanted and have an acceptable Item Level. While we want to accomodate everyone, please understand that others run these events to help those who are just learning. Please respect their time by coming ready for the raid. Note there are many crafters in the guild who are looking to help create or enchant gear or cut gems. Use the in-game profession tab to find the person to contact. Also, check out that bank to see if there are any items of use to you and send me a PM with your request.

Qadariya completed the Fangs of the Father rogue Legendary. Congratulations to all those who participated and supported Q. This was a great accomplishment. There are still raids being scheduled in Ulduar and ICC to achieve the older legendaries. Please sign up and help the cause if you are available.

ToR Chapter Updates:

As many are already aware, a change in leadership took place 2 weeks ago in the ToR chapter. Lord Dakari stepped down from an awesome job done due to RL circumstances, and Lord Zetan was made the new Lord Preceptor. Lord Zetan has a great plan of action ready and we are all excited to see what he has in store for the chapter!

Lord Preceptor Zetan wrote:
Nothing really new to update from last month other then what I am trying to plan ahead for. We still have 3 groups raiding and at any given time there are between 12 and 20 people on more on raid nights. Multiple people are trying to plan out HM runs to gear up our lower ones. I am going to be adding two new officers Amar and Kvothe. Amar will be focused on HM and datacrons and Kvothe will be handling our bank and guild funds.

Financials Update:

Two months ago we started an initiative to raise funds to cover the general operations of STC. Those operations being the costs of running a vent server large enough to meet our needs and the costs of hosting, and maintaining, our website and forums. Our desire was to repay Sumner and Lord Gerhart for costs accrued in 2011 and raise enough funds to cover the remainder of 2012. Thanks to the generosity of many Saints, we have almost met this goal! All we need now is $169.96 to be paid through till 2014! As always Saints have stepped up to make this goal a success. I am hoping that next month's update will be one where I can announce: Mission Accomplished!

To continue to help us with this, you can make donations by clicking the yellow 'Donate' button on the left side of the website. Thanks in advance for your help!

Well, thats all for now. Keep up the great work, Saints! Lets continue to grow this great fellowship!

Where there is hatred, let me bring love,

Lord Cistern
Grand Preceptor of STC

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: