View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cistern-Casey
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: May 2012 Address

Saints,

Starting this month I will be posting a monthly address to the guild. This address will consist of monthly guild news, happenings, member spotlights, and possibly a limerick or 2 (none of which will come from the Nantucket series, I am almost certain). The purpose of this monthly address is to help unify the chapters of STC via communicating what is going on in all areas of STC to all members of STC.

I hope that each of you survived the wild festivities of May Day... and to our neighbors south of the US, Happy Cinco de Mayo! (please don't kill yourselves this weekend) I know they say that April showers bring May flowers, but I think this is depending on where you are located. It seems for where we are located April showers bring May tornados! So in order to keep from blowing the roof off of this place, lets get straight to the chapter updates.

Chapter Updates:

WoW Chapter Update:
From Lord Preceptor Gerhart: wrote:

The WOW Chapter is preparing for the next expansion - Mists of Pandaria. As the Cataclysm expansion comes to a close, it is the time many choose to work on some personal as well guild achievements. The Officers in the Chapter are starting to think about what the incoming changes to the game will have on the Chapter and players. I am sure that some players are getting a feel for the upcoming changes by previewing in the BETA. We will be trying to recruit a few more players to bolster our family. Having additional people to play with gives us greater diversity and allows us the ability to hopefully field two distinct raid teams.

From a raiding perspective, we have completed our raiding goals for the Tier by completing the Dragon Soul raid. We are continuing to run the raid to get additional people gear and achievements including the rogue Legendary which we have two rogues, Ibiteback and Qadariya, working on. We will also start running some achievement raids for personal achievements. We had a good turnout on this past Monday, and it was a fun night of killing some old content, getting achievements and pets, and just hanging out with Saints.

Recently, we have completed the caster Legendary [Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest] . This took many weeks of continuing raiding content we had long mastered. It also required killing a boss we really had only one kill on. Ragnaros was by far the hardest boss to master and I still consider it an achievement when we took him down the first time. I want to thank all of the raiders for the support while we pushed through old content.

I know there is always a little bit of a lull right before a new expansion. People are playing the BETA and others are taking a break from raiding as often as we did. There are still lots of things to do in game from starting an Alt or finishing up Loremaster or getting those pets that you want for the new Pet Battles. It's a time to work on our relationships by doing fun activities. I think it is an exciting time as we see so many new and exciting things coming our way and hope that everyone is eagerly anticipating as much as I am.

ToR Chapter Update:
From Lord Preceptor Dakari: wrote:

The TOR Chapter is continuing its momentum after a very strong couple of months after launch. With the launch of patch 1.2 and features like Guild banks, a new UI, and a whole new raid zone and dungeons there is plenty of new content to do for Saints.

The current raid teams have made their way through both of the initial launch raids (Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace.) Currently two of the three teams are working their way through the hard mode versions of these raids, while the third team is still working on gearing up through normal mode.

With 1.2 a new raid has launched, and STC has begun to work on this new content as well. We currently have anywhere from 20-30 members who are raiding in a week (running three different raid groups, with fill ins for each group.) More members are working up alts, or changing mains as they find which toon fits their playstyle the best so there is always an opportunity to get into a raid if you have a flexible schedule. As we move forward there has been discussion of 16 man raid nights, and weekend raids, but the interest has not been there yet to begin either of these ventures as of now.

As far as recruiting goes, we had a huge first couple of months, and have been able to grow by a couple recruits a month since than. As LP, one of my biggest focuses is on recruiting and as my playtime increases again I believe we will see an uptick in recruiting as well.

Guild momentum is positive. We have added a LOT of quality players, and more importantly quality people to our ranks. I foresee us continuing to do so in the future as we move into more and more content be it guild event nights (Datacron night has been a great success), PvP nights, and of course raiding.

Other Updates:

Financial Requirements of STC:
As many of you may or may not know, many of the luxuries and functions we use as a guild have been maintained and paid for by a few members within STC and via the donations of our people. Things like our forums, domain name, and vent server are things that we take for granted, but as soon as something happens with them, we see just how much we have come to rely on them. In all of the history of STC we have never required our members to pay fee or particular donation in order to maintain your membership with us. Nevertheless, as we grow as a guild, and our needs and dependencies on these things grow, so does the financial burden of maintaining them grow. It is no longer feasible to expect one or two members to bear the brunt of this burden alone. We have decided that the best thing to do is to empower our membership to define what STC is worth to them, and in doing so we will only become stronger than we have been before. Below is a current, transparent breakdown of our finances and where we are and what we need to be current and be ready for the needs of 2013.

Breakdown by expense:
Guildlaunch STC Website: $72 per year
Domain Name: $** per year (this will continue to be donated by a Saint)
Vent Server: $197.98 per year
-------------------------------------------
Total Yearly Need: $269.98
Previous Deficit: $127.36
-------------------------------------------
Total Current Need: $397.34

This total would bring us up to date as of 2012. What I would LIKE to see is have the funds ready by the end of 2012 to be able to take care of 2013 so that no out of pocket expenses will need to be furnished by those who have handled this in the past.

2012 Need: $397.34
2013 Need: $269.98
----------------------------------
Total Need: $667.32

This brings our total Goal to $667.32

All donations made will be used to support STC. You can donate via PayPal by clicking on this button:

Forum Image

If you cannot, or do not, want to use PayPal you can send me a PM and I can provide you a physical mailing info if you would like to send a check or money order. I will ensure that your contribution is updated on the site, unless you wish to remain anonymous.

All we ask is, if you can help, every dollar is greatly appreciated. We know that times are tough for many and RL always comes first so give if and what you can.
I will keep everyone updated on the progress of this each month, or as needed.

Recent vent Issues:
Recent issues in vent seemed to spark quite a controversy and talk of new policies and additional regulations on our vent users. The reality is that there is no need for additional regulations, nor do I or the HC want to have to spend time coming up with additional rules and regulations just to burden the members down. That being said, what happened was very close to harassment of another Saint, which is grounds for termination according to the STC Codes and Laws. I do not however think that this was done by one Saint against another. In order to address this issue we have decided to change our vent password every few months…possibly every quarter. With having pugs come into our vent, we stand the chance of getting the rotten one who wants to come troll us. Changing the password on a regular basis will help prevent this from being a possibility. We also ask that everyone be mindful of others when using our phonetics and names. The purpose of the phonetics is to notify others as to who you are when you enter the server or a channel without them having to pop out of game to see who you are. We also have to remember that we all come from differing backgrounds and world views. What is offensive to one may not be offensive to another. This also goes both ways. We cannot be too overly sensitive towards others. Let’s keep things on a common and even plane here and remember to use our noggins when it comes to respecting your fellow Saints.

Well I think that is all for this month. Thanks for your time…now get back to killing things with the pointy, or light-bulbed, end of your sticks.

Next Month: More Chapter Updates, Member Spotlight, and COOKIES… (please send lady Penny your physical address so she can send them to you)

To be understood and to understand,

Lord Cistern
Grand Preceptor or STC

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: