Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> Hobbies & Crafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsuki multi alts

re: Tsuki's Hobby/Drug

The hobby I enjoy the most is Japanese Animation/Manga/Soundtracks. I probably spend an ungodly amount of money on all the release I purchase sometimes straight from the shores of Japan although that is usually a soundtrack. Last time I counted I think I had close to 6000 Anime DVD's and BluRays and probably a good 4000 soundtracks. It is hard to choose a favorite series overall but easier if you narrow it down by Genre
Favorite Comedy/Martial Arts = Ranma 1/2
Favorite Romantic Comedy = Kimagure Orange Road
Favorite Comedy = Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Favorite Drama = Basilisk
Favorite Action under 100 episodes = Flame of REcca
Favorite Action over 100 episodes = One Piece
Favorite Action Sports = Prince of Tennis
Favorite Non Action Sport = Hikaru no Go
Favorite Magical Girl = Card Captor Sakura
Favorite Shoujo = Kodocha
Favorite Old School = Space Battleship Yamato
Favorite so far of newest season = Listen to me Girls I'm your Father

Sabreth
Sabreth
High Councilor

I too am an Anime fan, though not nearly as big as one you are Tsuki! I love Ranma 1/2, but only have the first two seasons. My favorite anime has to be Gundam Wing, though most of the other Gundam titles are fun. Trigun, Eva, Gurran Laggann and Hellsing round out my all time favorites. I've seen some of One Piece, though not a lot of it. I've heard of a lot of the other Anime you listed Tsuki, but haven't watched them yet.

Thanks for sharing!

Now a days it is easy to find a good series to watch as most of the recent stuff is available to watch legally on sites like hulu.com and www.vizanime.com and also www.funimation.com as well as anime network and crunchyroll someday I will post pics of my collection in the archive. One of the biggest reasons I have such a huge collection is that I ran a College Anime Club for 8-10 years allowing members to rent from my library as well as twice a week showings that would last for 6 hours or so each night

Yaroc
High Councilor

I LOVED Ranma 1/2! Bought a 16 DVD set, unfortunately it was counterfeit (I actually bid on a legit copy over e-bay .... and got hosed) and only the first 4 DVDs would play.

I need to find another, legitimate, box set someday.

'Roc
tsuki multi alts

too bad it is out of Print Right now I remember paying $100+ for each of the box sets when they came out. Ebay auction are notorious for showing you a picture of a legitimate item and sending you a bootleg version instead. it is one of the reason I created my website so people would know what legitimate copies look like http://www.magishineyuusha.goodluckwith.us/ has almost every single one I have purchased over the years and all except the ones that start with the letter R and S are fairly up to date those two letters are a couple of years behind

Peneloperose
High Councilor

Awarded:

The don't have Ranma 1/2 on Netflix either. I've had it in my queue for a few months. I keep hoping they will get it. I haven't watched it since high school, but would love to see it again.

Here is a link to a legitimate source to purchase Ranma 1/2 as it is out of print they can only send it to you if it still in stock and currently it looks as if all seven seasons and the movie boxset are available

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/o8EeAmS=xgPZi6xJqj/browse/item/72336/4/0/0

They have a bargain bin that has quite a bit of good stuff for 3-4 dollars a dvd as well

KeldorSTC

Not as much now but I used to be a anime freak. Much of what I watched was Dragonball series, Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muiyo, Final Fantasy, Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Street Fighter, Fatal Fury and some others that I can't think off the top of my head.

Oderint Dum Metuant
KeldorSTC

Oh and all of the Zoids series.

Oderint Dum Metuant
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> Hobbies & Crafts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: