View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qadariya
Qordinn Morte
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: In the beginning...

I've been asked to post this and I'm not sure how accurate my memory will be but I'm hoping Lady Delphinae, Lord Sumner and a few other "old timers" can help...

Dakari was our GP and decided that we had really missed the boat as a guild in failing to get a chapter of STC going in WoW. The HC agreed and we ventured to get things moving again. Several of us created lowbie characters and met on Lothar, outside the gates to SW to determine who would lead us, and what realm we would play on. I do not remember who all was present at this meeting, I remember Delph, Crentis, Corianis, Mathormac, Tark, Denoby, Kazmari (I believe), and a few others. There were probably about 12 to 14 total but the rest of the names elude me now. I asked for nominations for the LP position and was nominated by Lady Delphinae. To my surprise I was quickly unanimously elected as LP. This was certainly not what I expected as I was already a member of the HC. I gave up my HC seat and took on the role that my fellow saints had selected me for.

I decided to stay on Lothar as we had a handful of saints already there and of respectable levels and our old allied guild Clan Moor from UO was there. There was some resistance as several people felt that it would be tough to recruit on Lothar as it was an established server. Many felt we should migrate to a new server where there wouldn't be the established guilds already to compete with.

What we have now in STC grew from this start. Last night we had 46 people online and in ventrilo for the guild meeting. We also had 10 novices inducted as full saints. It's been a long road to get here.

Fradrok

A adore history, especially those stories that speak of our ancestors. Not that I'm saying you people are old ... but, well, you are what you are.

Does anyone recall how Lothar was originally chosen for the first lowbie guild meeting? Did someone create their toon first on a "cool" named server such as Lothar and tell everyone where to meet?

Also, do any of those toons still exist?

Qadariya
Qordinn Morte
High Councilor

Awarded:

Lothar was where STC originally tried to establish it's presence because Clan Moor was going there as well. When we tried again it just made sense to me to keep it there. Qordinn , Tarkane, denoby were 3 of the lowbie toons made that still exist. Some such as mathormac, corianis, delphinae already existed at higher levels.

Cistern-Casey
High Councilor

Awarded:

Crentis was my first.. a lowbie created for the sole purpose of helping STC get established in WoW.

Crentis is still in existence on Lothar. He is currently in the Emerald Dream (unplayed and in hibernation atm on an alt account). Maybe one day he will awaken to see what this great guild has become!

Dakari
High Councilor

Awarded:

I didn't make the permanent move to WoW till a few months in but I remember leveling and trying to catch up to Volly, Max, Sumner who were already 60 I think. I know Volly blew me through so many instances and group quests it was a piece of cake to level.

The folks who got us going in WoW did an amazing job, and those first few recruits we had (of which current HC'er Mortition was one) were some of the most important in STC's history in my opinion. Who knows where STC as a guild would be without that venture back into WoW and I'd like to thank Q, Tark, Jav and all the others who helped make it happen. It is a ton of work to get a chapter going, and hopefully nights like last night make it worthwhile to think of doing it all over again on another realm sometime soon.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> The Vault All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: