View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qadariya
Qordinn Morte
High Councilor

Awarded:

re: The Story of AJ

Ajegeware Enmanie Rascara = She who must nourish the people with the power of the Sun God

In a land far away, from the land you know today as Tristan, I lived. I lived with my father and mother and two brothers. My father taught my brothers how to be men. How to hunt and how to live the righteous way of the people of the sun. Caring for our clan, teaching, and protecting our clan at all cost. That was our way.

As a female, I was not allowed into the ways of battle. However, I would sneak out every chance I got and watched as my father taught my brothers. He trained them to handle a bow and use it as if it were a part of their anatomy. Our people were expert marksmen. In my land, a male child received his bow when he came into manhood from his father or eldest male member of the household. However, being a female, that privilege/honor was not for me. I practiced as others were asleep at night. Every chance I got I followed, in hiding, the men that went to hunt or that went into battle. I was protected and some may say I was even honored by the Gods, as I was never found out. Instead, I went out alone for hunts and killed prey but could never tell my village, my clan, and my people that it was I who killed the beasts. My mother knew or should I say suspected. I remember on numerous occasions when she used to tell me or rather warn me that hunting and fighting was for the men--not for the women of the clan. She would warn me that a man would never marry such a woman. I didn’t care. I wanted to be as good or better as my brothers. I wanted to stand in the face of danger and protect my family and clan. I did not want to be like the other women in my clan. So I hid my talents and continued to practice and hunt.

A dark time fell upon our land. I heard the men speak of a monster that was destroying nearby villages. A monster, who killed and destroyed not for food but for the fun of it. I heard horrid stories of torture and beasts that ravaged our people and our land. It had not reached our village, yet or so I thought.

I remember that night; it is fresh in my mind still. I was sleeping until I was awoken by loud cries. The men in my village assembled with the elders, and the women were told to take refuge in the mountains’ caves. I was instructed to go with my mother, who held on to me because she knew my mind, my thoughts. Once she fell asleep I snuck out of the cave and made my way to the village. The home I knew was no more. The huts were burnt down. The men lay dead. Some burnt beyond recognition, others it was obvious were used as playthings for torture. Men hung with no skin. Sinews and bones were all that could be seen. Men had been half eaten; others had missing limbs. I knew then that the monster was more fearsome then we had imagined. I looked and looked and could not find a single living soul. Rumor had it, he would take the living with him, but those living were never heard of again. I returned to my mother in the mountains’ caves. Only to find that the women of my tribe had been raped, tortured, and killed. What manner of beast is this, where not even the children were allowed to live? I fell to my knees and cried. I cried myself to sleep that night. My heart ached. I dreamt of my mother and father as I slept. They came to me and told me that it was upon me to avenge my people. I was told that I was to go on a voyage across lands and water that would take me far away from my home. That I was going to fight alongside men and bring honor to our people against this beast, this demon, called Diablo.

As was prophesied by my dream, I dressed as a male and found myself traveling lands at first then water. I heard rumors that the beast was in a land far from where I stood standing. He was ravaging Tristan with its many inhabitants. They were in need of assistance. And so, I traveled, at first alone but as prophesy foretold, I found a friend. Upon my arrival at Tristan, I hide and stayed out of sight. I watched and listened. I was still dressed as a male, in order to protect myself from those who disapproved of a woman going into battle. I remember the day I met my friend. I was in the depths of the catacombs, battling beasts and creatures, Diablo’s minions. I was tired but most of all I was weary of fighting alone and in hiding. It had taken its toll on me. I was hungry and tired, when a man appeared. St. Anthony was his name. He came to my aid. At the sight of such bravery I gained strength where there was none I gained energy and began to fight along side this man. We gained the advantage and defeated our foes. We made our way out of the catacombs and into the safety of the woods. St. Anthony bowed and stated his name. “I am Sir St. Anthony, at your service. It looked as if you needed a bit of assistance.” I replied, “I am Ajegeware Enmanie Rascara. I am not from your world or your land. I have journeyed on my own for far too long.” St. Anthony’s manner was welcoming and there was something about his character, his face, and voice that made me feel I could trust such a man, even though trust was foreign to me. But trust him I did, and that trust was rewarded. He told me that his village was in need of good fighters. Their numbers were small and he was entrusted with the task of recruiting others to join their ranks. He took me to his village. Found me a home in the outskirts of the town. For the first time in my travels I felt welcomed and at ease. However, I still did not disclose that I was a female. He took me before his leader, St Clair was his name. There was Itannar, Avatar, Maverick, Iceman, and Maddog among the men that I met. There were many others, but these were the men that I became close to and remember.

Eventually, my being a woman did not matter to these men. I fought along side them. I was respected. I joined Avatar (aka Rama) and fought along side him against PKers, men with evil in their hearts, that looked to take away from us what we had gained. When the calling came out that one of our own was falling prey to the PKers, we assembled and went to their aid. I spent many nights until the sun rose in the sky with Maddog and others defeating foes and monsters. One time, the good ole mage, Maddog, pulled out a cord and along the cord was a number of ears too many to count that he had collected though our times in battle. That was a sight. Hilariously, they all had my name carved onto them—chain lightning knew not friend or foe. But in life all things must come to an end.

The atmosphere among my new friends was changing not for the better, but the worst. Our leader was falling prey to some strange and unknown disease of the mind. He became erratic, angry and at times his wrath had become as vicious as the wrath of that which we fought. It must have been an illness, perhaps a spell sent by Diablo himself. I watched as the men I knew changed and hid. One day I was asked to appear before St. Clair. I watched as he paced his council room. I looked into his eyes and saw the madness. He was not himself. It appeared the war had taken its toll on our great leader. He spoke to himself and whispered things I could not understand about treachery, revenge, and dishonor. At first I wondered why he called on me. Had I done something wrong? I stood before our leader, and finally he noticed that I had entered the council room. He looked at me and informed me that he had been told that I was a faithful Saint and that many respected me. He told me that he found that others were not as faithful. He informed me that what was discussed in the council room was to stay there and never be spoken of again. He stated that he had created a branch, comprised of nine saints. I was being chosen to be among one of these nine saints. My mission was a secret one and no one was to know of our identities among the village. He stated that my mission was to spy among our troops, among our friends and find insubordinates. He stated that if I was to hear anything in regard to him being overthrown or that his leadership skills were being questioned, I must report back to him immediately and reveal the identity of the traitor. Than he stated my first mission was to travel with Maddog and report back to him everything the man said and did. I could not understand why St Clair had asked me to do this. He then stated, “Everyone knows you are close to him and travel with him. Should he say anything that you deem as traitorous or hurtful of our village, or of myself you must report it at once.” I informed him that the position honored me as he felt I could be so trusted; however, the thought of spying on my friends made me uneasy and uncomfortable. I asked our leader to give me some time to think.

I left the room and thought about what had been asked of me. Spy on Maddog? I had never met a better man, person. He embodied the code of conduct, the role that which STCross stood for. I battled with him enough to know of his kindness, and giving nature. He helped those less fortunate than himself, and we had traveled and fought hard side by side. He was a generous and virtuous saint.

After much thinking, I realized that the king had gone mad--seeing shadows and deception where there was none. I made up my mind that I would not do this thing that was being asked of me. I requested an audience with the king. I informed him that spying on our friends was wrong and no better than the beasts we were fighting. He became enraged and informed me that if I did not do as he asked I was going against all that was STCross. He stated that I was not to be trusted and had to leave. It was very difficult for me to leave my friends, but I did. I never repeated or mentioned my conversations with St. Clair; I simply packed my things and left.

I continued to fight my enemy and found that my friends did not forget me. That even though I had left the village and the name of STCross behind me I still had my friends. I continued to battle with Maddog, Avatar, Maverick, and Iceman. They trusted me and were there for me and I for them.

But as fate would have it, I was moved to travel to another land. UO it was called. I had lost contact with all my friends. It was a journey I had to make alone with out my mates. During my travels in this new land, as the Gods saw fit, I met up with my friends once again.
With St. Max as our new leader the brotherhood was one of true honor and respect. Never had I encountered a better leader and role model as I did in that old man St. Max. I rejoined my mates. I again joined Avatar (aka Rama) in defending the guild in Britannia against PKers. When the call went out we joined forces and recovered our properties and created justice, in a world where there was little. By this time I had met my RL husband, who was also a member of STC, Lord Snake. The guild was again undergoing a change. St. Max had stepped down as leader and the Saints again were under new leadership. Things were different and changes were taking place, I had RL commitments so I again had to leave the world of gaming. However, whenever I returned, no matter what game it was I could count on my friends. There were always there.

That is my story and though real life has taken me in and out of STC, I still returned not because of the games I have played, but because of the friends I have made. I have never been much for guild politics, sometimes it raises my blood pressure LOL ☺ , so I pretty much stay out of it. My argument has always been that there are real life people behind these characters. And when you play with others within 5 minutes you can tell what this person is about and whether you want to adventure with them again. The personalities come right through these machines unto our characters. I am proud to say that I have traveled many lands and still remain friends with many of the old timers in this guild. Maybe real life takes you away from the keyboard for a time but when you return you are welcomed by the same people you have played with for years.

I was the first female in STCross and I remember our first RL gathering in The Village, in New York City. I choose a nice little restaurant that I frequently visited with my RL friends. I always went in the spring and summer evenings and choose a table outside. The day of the gathering happened to be a cold evening, so we had to sit inside and to my surprise the windows were stained glass. All the designs were religious in nature and there were saints on them. The inside of the restaurant had a knight’s plate armor and many other medieval items. It fit the Saints. To my recollection and I apologize for forgetting who was there. As I am getting older and my memory fails me, but I remember Max, Ozzy, and Tera. It was a nice evening spent in the company of friends. There was a photo out there of us at the restaurant, which was once posted on our old web site. That was years ago, but STC and its friends are still here. I am proud to say that I am a Saint and that I adventure with some of the must honorable people in game. Through the years, I have played and remain playing with Max, Rama (who has his own power guild on another PVP server in WOW), I have a level one character on his server and pop in to say hello to him now and again. Volly the nut ball and Taco Manz, and many others. I miss Maddog, who I have not seen or adventured with in quite a while but know I will meet him again.

**this was written by Lady AJ and copied over by Q**
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sanctus Covenir Forum Index -> The Vault All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: